SGP
09-27 10:43 AM
Thanks once again for the reply.
When you say I can retain the priority date, how does that work? Do I have to file the PERM again? Isn't the PERM what gives us the priority date? And then will I have to file the I-140 or is it that I need to file the I-140 only?
Thanks
Omi.
Sailing in exact same boat. Surely will appreciate replies from Raj.
When you say I can retain the priority date, how does that work? Do I have to file the PERM again? Isn't the PERM what gives us the priority date? And then will I have to file the I-140 or is it that I need to file the I-140 only?
Thanks
Omi.
Sailing in exact same boat. Surely will appreciate replies from Raj.
wallpaper World Time Zones w/Flags
kshitijnt
12-02 06:29 PM
When your H1B application is pending, you have additional 240 days after your H1B is expired (if you filed extension).
When you entered using AP and H1B is pending your status will be Parolee and you have to work with somekind of authorization status (like EAD). at this time your H1 status will be lost and H4 will lost also. You and your wife will need to have somekind of legal status (like AOS).
BUT when you have your H1B approval (the started date usually begin after your H1B expiration date), you can ask your employer to record your work authorization using H1B and at this time you can file for H4.
my suggestion before you leave US is to file H1B extension from US and after you get H1B extension receipt then you will need to apply for H4 extension right away. With this case you don't have to go outside US and don't need to use AP.
ps : if this helps u, give me green ... :D
Thx
The H1 and H4 extensions can be filed at the same time.
When you entered using AP and H1B is pending your status will be Parolee and you have to work with somekind of authorization status (like EAD). at this time your H1 status will be lost and H4 will lost also. You and your wife will need to have somekind of legal status (like AOS).
BUT when you have your H1B approval (the started date usually begin after your H1B expiration date), you can ask your employer to record your work authorization using H1B and at this time you can file for H4.
my suggestion before you leave US is to file H1B extension from US and after you get H1B extension receipt then you will need to apply for H4 extension right away. With this case you don't have to go outside US and don't need to use AP.
ps : if this helps u, give me green ... :D
Thx
The H1 and H4 extensions can be filed at the same time.
ajain
05-27 03:10 AM
hi,
I am confused about whether to suggest 'member of the professions holding an advance degree" or "an alien of exceptional ability" for my NIW petition. What is the criteria to select one over the other? I have a MS/PhD from a US university. Proving to be exceptional is certainly difficult, but then holding an advanced degree may not be enough of a criteria for a successful petition.
Thanks.
I am confused about whether to suggest 'member of the professions holding an advance degree" or "an alien of exceptional ability" for my NIW petition. What is the criteria to select one over the other? I have a MS/PhD from a US university. Proving to be exceptional is certainly difficult, but then holding an advanced degree may not be enough of a criteria for a successful petition.
Thanks.
2011 World time zones image map was
vin13
07-14 09:22 AM
No worries. I have travelled through Frankfort with AP and had no issues. In fact, an officer did ask me for my US visa and i showed him the AP document. Seems to me that frankfort officials do understand the AP document.
more...
InTheMoment
08-07 11:52 AM
Sreenuuk,
The mercury is high these days on the forum...the bar is really low for the tipping point. Take it in stride :)
The mercury is high these days on the forum...the bar is really low for the tipping point. Take it in stride :)
butterchicken
04-28 02:10 PM
DOL Proposed Legislation for Labor Certification
In an attempt to clamp down on fraud in the labor certification application process, the Department of Labor (�DOL�) has proposed regulations, which would impact both pre-PERM and PERM filings. The proposal includes requiring employers to pay for all costs and fees associated with a labor certification application. The penalties for violating this proposal include denial of the labor certification, revocation, debarment, or any combination. Debarment means an employer can not file a labor certification application for up to three years.
A labor certification application would also have a limited validity period. Currently a labor certification application is valid without limitation unless it is revoked or withdrawn. Under the proposed regulations, an employer must file an immigrant petition with the CIS within 45 days of the labor certification application approval. For applications which have already been certified, an employer must file within 45 days of the enactment of final rule implementing the regulations. If the labor certification application is not filed within this timeframe, it will expire and can not be used to support an immigrant petition.
The proposed regulations also prohibit substitution. Substitution occurs when an employer has an approved labor certification application, but the individual that was originally listed in the labor certification application is no longer being sponsored. An employer could �substitute� a new employee into the labor certification application if the new employee met the minimum requirements listed in the labor certification application at the time the application was initially filed. Concerned that substitution encouraged fraud, DOL proposes to eliminate substitution.
Finally, the proposed rule prohibits a labor certification application to be sold, bartered or purchased. If an individual or entity is found to have engaged in this kind of transaction, the labor certification application can be denied, revoked, debarment, or any combination.
In an attempt to clamp down on fraud in the labor certification application process, the Department of Labor (�DOL�) has proposed regulations, which would impact both pre-PERM and PERM filings. The proposal includes requiring employers to pay for all costs and fees associated with a labor certification application. The penalties for violating this proposal include denial of the labor certification, revocation, debarment, or any combination. Debarment means an employer can not file a labor certification application for up to three years.
A labor certification application would also have a limited validity period. Currently a labor certification application is valid without limitation unless it is revoked or withdrawn. Under the proposed regulations, an employer must file an immigrant petition with the CIS within 45 days of the labor certification application approval. For applications which have already been certified, an employer must file within 45 days of the enactment of final rule implementing the regulations. If the labor certification application is not filed within this timeframe, it will expire and can not be used to support an immigrant petition.
The proposed regulations also prohibit substitution. Substitution occurs when an employer has an approved labor certification application, but the individual that was originally listed in the labor certification application is no longer being sponsored. An employer could �substitute� a new employee into the labor certification application if the new employee met the minimum requirements listed in the labor certification application at the time the application was initially filed. Concerned that substitution encouraged fraud, DOL proposes to eliminate substitution.
Finally, the proposed rule prohibits a labor certification application to be sold, bartered or purchased. If an individual or entity is found to have engaged in this kind of transaction, the labor certification application can be denied, revoked, debarment, or any combination.
more...
boreal
12-02 01:38 AM
We got an RFE on my wife's I-485 requesting for copy of marriage certificate. Our priority date is August 2005 (EB2). ND is September 05, 2007.
Anyone else in the same boat? Does this mean USCIS has began processing the 2005 apps?
I think they are going by the RD. Not on PD. Mine is Aug 10 ND and July 2 RD (with Jan 06 PD) and we got an RFE couple of months back...so i guess now they are processing Sep ND/RD...
Anyone else in the same boat? Does this mean USCIS has began processing the 2005 apps?
I think they are going by the RD. Not on PD. Mine is Aug 10 ND and July 2 RD (with Jan 06 PD) and we got an RFE couple of months back...so i guess now they are processing Sep ND/RD...
2010 World Time Zone
pradeepd
01-23 12:39 AM
Thanks for your response. I'm leaning more towards Canada as I can avoid travel with my baby to India.
Do you think they might reject the case for any reasons?
How long do I have to stay in Canada if in case it's approved?
Thanks
Sudha
Do you think they might reject the case for any reasons?
How long do I have to stay in Canada if in case it's approved?
Thanks
Sudha
more...
chanduv23
09-04 06:50 AM
Hello,
Last November I quit my job in the US and left the country as well. Two days ago, I received an email saying my 485 is approved, and card production was ordered. The card will go to an address in the US where someone can forward me the mail.
What should I do? Try to enter the U.S. with the card? What to say to POE officials? WIll I be questioned?
Thanks.
Once you get your green card, you are supposed to go work for the company who applied for your green card or work in a same or similar job. So it is good to have a job offer in hand. Talk to an Attorney on what are the potential questions at POE as you have been out of the country for a long time.
Last November I quit my job in the US and left the country as well. Two days ago, I received an email saying my 485 is approved, and card production was ordered. The card will go to an address in the US where someone can forward me the mail.
What should I do? Try to enter the U.S. with the card? What to say to POE officials? WIll I be questioned?
Thanks.
Once you get your green card, you are supposed to go work for the company who applied for your green card or work in a same or similar job. So it is good to have a job offer in hand. Talk to an Attorney on what are the potential questions at POE as you have been out of the country for a long time.
hair Map of 24 hour time zones
sp0
09-26 05:46 PM
My friend will join the forum and write his questions in this context directly. I did pass him the link pathmaker gave.
Thanks again for all the help.
Thanks again for all the help.
more...
josecuervo
08-12 10:21 PM
To celebrate the success :D
Success of ???
Success of ???
hot World Time Zone Map
chantu
02-29 02:18 PM
Well my employer applied for 140 on "some secret date", that he will not tell us :). So I don't know when he filed. I was under impression that he filed long time back almost a year back and it is approved. Suddenly, I received RFE at my home mail (I was surprised as well my employer..that how it arrived to my address) and I found that my I140 is in limbo state. But blessing in disguise was that now I have my I140 number and A# and I can track it online.
I don't know when exactly he filed my labor too. He just gave me one page to sign on labor. so I don't know any details of that too.
I don't know when exactly he filed my labor too. He just gave me one page to sign on labor. so I don't know any details of that too.
more...
house time zone travel and tourism.
raysaikat
07-13 01:27 AM
Hi
My wife is on H4 and is planning to convert to F1 before joining graduate school to get scholarship. At same time my PERM is filed and once approved i was planning to use cross chargebility to file under my wife country of birth quota (UAE). i wanted to know following
a) if she applied for conversion for F1 today, can she get scholarship before she gets ssn or she has to wait till she gets ssn
The school cannot pay her stipend unless she has SSN. They might still be able to waive tuition, though.
B) If during her F1 processing time or grauate studies on F1, if my PERM gets approved, can i file for I-140 and I485 using cross chargebility with her being on F1 or i would have to wait for her to conert to H4? If there any risk to our green card processing
You can file I-140/I-485 while your wife is in F1. There is no risk to the green card processing. However, applying I-485 for her might end her F1 and put her into AOS (you need to ask lawyers for this; it is a bit unclear and I have seen contradictory responses).
C)If she continues on H4 visa, can she still get scholarship?
If the scholarship requires her to "work" (for example, being a teaching assistant or research assistant), then most probably no since persons with H4 are not allowed to "work". However, if the scholarship requires no "work", then she may be able to do so while being on H4.
I think the test is if she has to pay taxes for the scholarship money. If yes, then she cannot do so on H4, otherwise she may be able to do it.
if not once she graduates would she be in special US master degree quota for H1B?
Any help on these would be great
Thanks
Once she gets a master's from a US university, regardless of her status while she was in the university, after graduation she will be eligible for special H1-B quota (if it still existed that time).
My wife is on H4 and is planning to convert to F1 before joining graduate school to get scholarship. At same time my PERM is filed and once approved i was planning to use cross chargebility to file under my wife country of birth quota (UAE). i wanted to know following
a) if she applied for conversion for F1 today, can she get scholarship before she gets ssn or she has to wait till she gets ssn
The school cannot pay her stipend unless she has SSN. They might still be able to waive tuition, though.
B) If during her F1 processing time or grauate studies on F1, if my PERM gets approved, can i file for I-140 and I485 using cross chargebility with her being on F1 or i would have to wait for her to conert to H4? If there any risk to our green card processing
You can file I-140/I-485 while your wife is in F1. There is no risk to the green card processing. However, applying I-485 for her might end her F1 and put her into AOS (you need to ask lawyers for this; it is a bit unclear and I have seen contradictory responses).
C)If she continues on H4 visa, can she still get scholarship?
If the scholarship requires her to "work" (for example, being a teaching assistant or research assistant), then most probably no since persons with H4 are not allowed to "work". However, if the scholarship requires no "work", then she may be able to do so while being on H4.
I think the test is if she has to pay taxes for the scholarship money. If yes, then she cannot do so on H4, otherwise she may be able to do it.
if not once she graduates would she be in special US master degree quota for H1B?
Any help on these would be great
Thanks
Once she gets a master's from a US university, regardless of her status while she was in the university, after graduation she will be eligible for special H1-B quota (if it still existed that time).
tattoo time zones of the world
immigrationvoice25
01-24 12:26 PM
Sudha -
I had a similar case. I would suggest going to India because they have handled similar cases (such as mine) and have a better chance of understanding your situation.
You should read my post. I had described the issue along with resolution...and there is good advice/dialouge with the members
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum87-out-of-status-employment-gap-and-status-revalidation/22794-urgent-h1b-revoked-for-past-6-months.html
Best of luck!
I had a similar case. I would suggest going to India because they have handled similar cases (such as mine) and have a better chance of understanding your situation.
You should read my post. I had described the issue along with resolution...and there is good advice/dialouge with the members
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum87-out-of-status-employment-gap-and-status-revalidation/22794-urgent-h1b-revoked-for-past-6-months.html
Best of luck!
more...
pictures 12 Time Zones of the World
coolpal
02-06 10:20 AM
We filed for 485 in 2007 july fiasco... and so far, we never received FPs for me or my wife..
my lawyer called the TSC a couple of times, and I called at least 3 times, and all the time, they say it is fine, and they will contact me if they need anything. We got our EADs and APs renewed as well, but never received FPs...
Every time I contacted them and explained the problem, they would open up a case to investigate and they send us letters a couple of months later saying my application is within the current processing times...
I am hoping this is only normal, and there are others out there in the same boat as mine...
Am I wrong in assuming so? Let me know if there is anything I should do?
pal :)
my lawyer called the TSC a couple of times, and I called at least 3 times, and all the time, they say it is fine, and they will contact me if they need anything. We got our EADs and APs renewed as well, but never received FPs...
Every time I contacted them and explained the problem, they would open up a case to investigate and they send us letters a couple of months later saying my application is within the current processing times...
I am hoping this is only normal, and there are others out there in the same boat as mine...
Am I wrong in assuming so? Let me know if there is anything I should do?
pal :)
dresses World Time Zones
keith_in_us
04-11 11:10 PM
In response to a previous question, I am from Hong Kong SAR, and I have never applied for labor cert. I have been on H1B visa my entire time.
Thanks!
Keith
Thanks!
Keith
more...
makeup Time: World Time Zones
amalshe
12-09 06:13 PM
PhD in Business from an accredited US institution; currently working as Asst Prof.
girlfriend Map of World Time Zones.
seahawks
06-02 08:43 AM
My spouse's employer will apply for her H1B shortly (she is on F1 right now). Her passport expires in March 2007 but the Indian consulate does not allow you for a renewal earlier than 6 months of the expiration date.
Does USCIS have any requirements for validity dates for passport when application for H1B is sent?
A passport must me valid at least 6 months is my understanding when I got my H1 renewed.
Does USCIS have any requirements for validity dates for passport when application for H1B is sent?
A passport must me valid at least 6 months is my understanding when I got my H1 renewed.
hairstyles World Time Zones Map (Medium
waitingimmigrant
10-21 04:54 PM
gotcha.... thanks leo
willigetgc?
08-04 08:31 AM
I would think writing back to the Senator's office regarding your email and the unrelated response you got from the office has frustrated you, as the Senators does not seem to understand the problems, and therefore you are asking for an appointment to meet with the senator and explaining it personally.
You may not get the appointment to meet with the Senator, but you will let them know how badly they are screwing up constituents complaints. By following up and actually meeting with an immigration staff members in the Senator's office will be good.
You may not get the appointment to meet with the Senator, but you will let them know how badly they are screwing up constituents complaints. By following up and actually meeting with an immigration staff members in the Senator's office will be good.
GCeffect
10-10 03:10 PM
My AP is expiring in Feb 25, 2009. I have some question regarding the renewal of my AP. When I came back this time afterthe vacation, at the airport they stamp my ap saying that it's expiring One June 30, 2009. what does that mean?
When should i have to renew my AP?
How long does it going to take?
Can i do it by myself as my lawyer is charing $1000 every time i'm using her (she charged me legal fee $1000 for my EAD renewal)?
When i apply for the Ap renewal does it have anythign to do with the AP stamping saying expires: june 30, 2009?
Your answer is always appreciated
Thanks Ahead
EB3...ROW
PD May 2006
When should i have to renew my AP?
How long does it going to take?
Can i do it by myself as my lawyer is charing $1000 every time i'm using her (she charged me legal fee $1000 for my EAD renewal)?
When i apply for the Ap renewal does it have anythign to do with the AP stamping saying expires: june 30, 2009?
Your answer is always appreciated
Thanks Ahead
EB3...ROW
PD May 2006