GotGoose?
04-10 04:10 PM
I added two more stamps - check top.
wallpaper Dogs - Siberian Husky
roseball
03-18 03:29 AM
You can take a InfoPass appointment at your local USCIS office and talk to an Immigration Officer (IO). The IO should be able to tell you more details about your case.
jq45
06-15 10:11 AM
Medical Examination I-693 (http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=eb1f3591ec04d010VgnVCM10000048f3d6a1RCR D&vgnextchannel=db029c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1 RCRD)
On this link it says the following:
Edition Date :
9/16/05. Previous editions accepted
I'm a confused by that. So 9/16/05 is the revision date, and both the new form that expires 5/31/08 as well as the current one that expires 06/30/07 have that says revision 9/16/05. So it looks like it's the identical form except for the expiry date and OMB number.
On this link it says the following:
Edition Date :
9/16/05. Previous editions accepted
I'm a confused by that. So 9/16/05 is the revision date, and both the new form that expires 5/31/08 as well as the current one that expires 06/30/07 have that says revision 9/16/05. So it looks like it's the identical form except for the expiry date and OMB number.
2011 Shih Tzu doesnt want snow
rajuseattle
08-14 12:41 PM
smartboy75,
We are in similar situation only difference in our case it the RFE is for me and we have our FP appointment scheduled on Aug 22nd 2008.
My attorney adviced us to bring in RFE letter with us and during FP appointment get it filed in by the Immigration officer who takes FP.
Our attorney also suggested me to send FP appoitnment notification letter for my wife alongwith my RFE, so USCIS idiots know that this couple already done with their FP.
This is ridiculous, e-file applicants have to go thro' this process of unnecessary RFE and delaying the process. Luckily for me my current EAD expires in Oct 2008, so we still have some time, but tink about the folks for whom the EAD is about to expire and USCIS delaying the process.
I recommend stornly to go for Paper filed EAD renewals. Onoine EAD is convenient, but then you have to go thro' the hasle of FP schedule and the RFEs.
rajuseattle.
We are in similar situation only difference in our case it the RFE is for me and we have our FP appointment scheduled on Aug 22nd 2008.
My attorney adviced us to bring in RFE letter with us and during FP appointment get it filed in by the Immigration officer who takes FP.
Our attorney also suggested me to send FP appoitnment notification letter for my wife alongwith my RFE, so USCIS idiots know that this couple already done with their FP.
This is ridiculous, e-file applicants have to go thro' this process of unnecessary RFE and delaying the process. Luckily for me my current EAD expires in Oct 2008, so we still have some time, but tink about the folks for whom the EAD is about to expire and USCIS delaying the process.
I recommend stornly to go for Paper filed EAD renewals. Onoine EAD is convenient, but then you have to go thro' the hasle of FP schedule and the RFEs.
rajuseattle.
more...
Green Card Aspirant
03-24 07:23 PM
I too fall in the same boat. I see one of them responding for this post that we can apply for premium processing. If we apply for premium processing before 6 months , does it raise any questions at USCIS ... why this guy is applying for premium processing ?? Are we eligible to apply H1 B Extension with premium processing before 6 months of H1 B Expiry ??
Thanks in advance
Thanks in advance
panky72
08-02 09:30 AM
Great news indeed.
more...
Berkeleybee
04-08 01:21 PM
I thought the "Freedom of Information Act" requires the federal goverment to disclose all data and procedure unless it is exempt by some other laws (list of super spies, for instance). Wouldn't it be possible to using this law to force them to disclose their numbers?
Is there any month by month ombudsman report? I was just thinking It doesn't have too much of use if they report AFTER the number is wasted....
Atlfp,
I have had several conversations with the staff of the CIS Ombudsman on this issue. Believe it or not, DOS has been resisting official efforts to release these figures. Just last week I also talked to the Office of Communications at USCIS about this issue -- no promises have been made but it is an on-going battle.
Also, if you are familiar with the tables in the Yearbook of Immigration Statistics -- those are aggregated tables -- this year (FY 05) for the first time there was a limited release that showed us EB subcategory approvals by country. Such data exists for every year and every table in the Yearbook of Immigration Statistics but is not released to the public -- why? Because the Yearbook tables have been done a certain way since kingdom come. We are also trying to change that.
So yes, we are trying, but it seems to me that it is not in the interest of an inefficient organization to cast light on the nature of its inefficiencies.
Will keep members posted on this.
best,
Berkeleybee
Is there any month by month ombudsman report? I was just thinking It doesn't have too much of use if they report AFTER the number is wasted....
Atlfp,
I have had several conversations with the staff of the CIS Ombudsman on this issue. Believe it or not, DOS has been resisting official efforts to release these figures. Just last week I also talked to the Office of Communications at USCIS about this issue -- no promises have been made but it is an on-going battle.
Also, if you are familiar with the tables in the Yearbook of Immigration Statistics -- those are aggregated tables -- this year (FY 05) for the first time there was a limited release that showed us EB subcategory approvals by country. Such data exists for every year and every table in the Yearbook of Immigration Statistics but is not released to the public -- why? Because the Yearbook tables have been done a certain way since kingdom come. We are also trying to change that.
So yes, we are trying, but it seems to me that it is not in the interest of an inefficient organization to cast light on the nature of its inefficiencies.
Will keep members posted on this.
best,
Berkeleybee
2010 Siberian Husky in London Snow
starscream
03-24 04:19 PM
Have you hear anything from your appeal? Please let me know.
Thank you.
Aura M/Hassan 11,
I am assuming that when you guys say appeal - you mean request for review (RFR) for the LC that got denied. My LC was denied in November 06 and my employer's lawyer filed a Request for Review (RFR )because the said they were absolutely sure that DOL had denied the LC in error. Well, DOL approved the RFR and my LC was approved in Jan 08 - YES it took 14 months. The advantage is that if RFR is approved the priority date can be maintained. The lawyer's had told me that it does take a year for RFR to be approved (of course at that time nobody expected that the Pdates would become curent in summer of 07 so I missed that bus) - but anyways now I can maintain my original priority date.
From whatever I have read online it seems the lawyers have to be absolutely sure that the LC is denied in error by DOL to expect any positive reply for the RFR.
Best of luck to you both!!
Thank you.
Aura M/Hassan 11,
I am assuming that when you guys say appeal - you mean request for review (RFR) for the LC that got denied. My LC was denied in November 06 and my employer's lawyer filed a Request for Review (RFR )because the said they were absolutely sure that DOL had denied the LC in error. Well, DOL approved the RFR and my LC was approved in Jan 08 - YES it took 14 months. The advantage is that if RFR is approved the priority date can be maintained. The lawyer's had told me that it does take a year for RFR to be approved (of course at that time nobody expected that the Pdates would become curent in summer of 07 so I missed that bus) - but anyways now I can maintain my original priority date.
From whatever I have read online it seems the lawyers have to be absolutely sure that the LC is denied in error by DOL to expect any positive reply for the RFR.
Best of luck to you both!!
more...
lvinaykumar
07-24 05:31 PM
I Contribute to IV and selected a wrong choice oppps
hair huskies puppies in snow.
looivy
11-12 05:46 PM
Give atleast 1-2 months for booking the appointment. It was a harrowing experience getting an appointment to the point where my fingers were aching. Also add in time for the Canada visa. We went to Canada consulate in DC for the Visa.
Regards,
Teky.
What about Ciudad Juarez or Nogales Mexico? Any idea how long?
Regards,
Teky.
What about Ciudad Juarez or Nogales Mexico? Any idea how long?
more...
thomachan72
03-29 06:51 PM
How many of you support this idea ?
Rally in DC in the morning and Fasting till 5PM in front of the capitol.
Good idea. Now, how do we show that we are starving? Wont it be considered advantageous (healthwise) for many of us to starve? These days starving is not considered a self punishment but rather a therapy. I would suggest 'one day over eating-junk food' right in the front of the capitol would be better. In the US, I have noticed that most workers probably get a cofee in the morning, a pack of potatoe fries+coke for lunch and then eat heavily after 5PM. Thats very close to what you are proposing. Holding packards like "we skipped coke and lays today. now you better solve our problem".
Rally in DC in the morning and Fasting till 5PM in front of the capitol.
Good idea. Now, how do we show that we are starving? Wont it be considered advantageous (healthwise) for many of us to starve? These days starving is not considered a self punishment but rather a therapy. I would suggest 'one day over eating-junk food' right in the front of the capitol would be better. In the US, I have noticed that most workers probably get a cofee in the morning, a pack of potatoe fries+coke for lunch and then eat heavily after 5PM. Thats very close to what you are proposing. Holding packards like "we skipped coke and lays today. now you better solve our problem".
hot +husky+puppies+in+snow

whiteStallion
03-04 07:44 PM
Congratulations ! Its party time! :D
more...
house siberian husky puppies in snow
gcdreamer05
11-19 12:55 PM
The vermont service center says 2 months for h1b extensions, mine has been pending for 75 days, so i called the uscis today and guess what they told me, the processing times have been updated on teh web site but it is very difficult for us to follow them, i would suggest you wait for 90 days and see if there is any change in your online status if not call me back.
Then why do these people keep updating monthly processing dates if they cannot stick to their words.
I believe the processing times are just a gimmick to show progress to press....:mad:
Then why do these people keep updating monthly processing dates if they cannot stick to their words.
I believe the processing times are just a gimmick to show progress to press....:mad:
tattoo siberian husky - cold, cute,
Solong
07-22 10:34 AM
Thanks for sharing your different experiences. I feel relieved now. I'll check with my lawyer on Monday just to make sure he knows about that potential issue. You've made my day.
Solong
Solong
more...
pictures Recommended Articles. April
dhirajgrover
08-10 12:51 AM
What's the current status?
dresses Tiger 1 Snow tiger 1 christmas
Appu
11-15 11:32 AM
Anyone in Nashville? What can I do from Nashville?
more...
makeup Playing in the snow Paying in
abq_gc
08-29 10:34 AM
A very good idea... Need people to start Bogging and writing these editorials..
Media attention towards the scam of USCIS is necessary..
Media attention towards the scam of USCIS is necessary..
girlfriend Arbugaeva. Yakutian
vin13
02-15 11:46 AM
Hi Friends,
I was trying to get online tickets for my parents to come from Chennai to SFO.
..I was planning to pay from here using my credit card...but guess that might not work( see text in italics below from the airline website) , My parent have an icici debit card but that one has a limit from icici for 50,000 Rs or 75,000 Rs or so, the tickets are totally 1 lakh + so trying to figure out what might be the options....
Have the physical credit card originally used for the purchase presented by the cardholder for verification at check-in, OR on collecting the tickets, OR at the nearest Cathay Pacific Ticketing Office prior to the flight departure. The cardholder does not need to book and travel. If a transaction is successfully made with "Verified by Visa", or "MasterCard� SecureCode�", the cardholder will not be required to present the physical card used for verification.
I understand that if the cardholder fails to present the physical card originally used for booking transaction, the carrier reserves the right to -
Deny boarding, or
Collect a guarantee payment (in cash or from a new credit card).
Anyone been able to book from here for tickets starting from India ?
Thanks in Advance !!
Regards,
I have booked tickets for my parents from here on delta website. I had no issues. The price showed in Indian Rupees as it assumed i was booking from India. I called customer service, they guided me to change the country to USA which showed the price in US dollars. I then paid it with my credit card. Had no other issues...
I was trying to get online tickets for my parents to come from Chennai to SFO.
..I was planning to pay from here using my credit card...but guess that might not work( see text in italics below from the airline website) , My parent have an icici debit card but that one has a limit from icici for 50,000 Rs or 75,000 Rs or so, the tickets are totally 1 lakh + so trying to figure out what might be the options....
Have the physical credit card originally used for the purchase presented by the cardholder for verification at check-in, OR on collecting the tickets, OR at the nearest Cathay Pacific Ticketing Office prior to the flight departure. The cardholder does not need to book and travel. If a transaction is successfully made with "Verified by Visa", or "MasterCard� SecureCode�", the cardholder will not be required to present the physical card used for verification.
I understand that if the cardholder fails to present the physical card originally used for booking transaction, the carrier reserves the right to -
Deny boarding, or
Collect a guarantee payment (in cash or from a new credit card).
Anyone been able to book from here for tickets starting from India ?
Thanks in Advance !!
Regards,
I have booked tickets for my parents from here on delta website. I had no issues. The price showed in Indian Rupees as it assumed i was booking from India. I called customer service, they guided me to change the country to USA which showed the price in US dollars. I then paid it with my credit card. Had no other issues...
hairstyles Available Snow Siberian Husky
Ann Ruben
07-12 02:24 PM
You should not have to pack up your belongings just yet. Chapter 10.5(b)(3) of the USCIS Adjudicator's Field Manual states:"Responses are timely filed if they are received by mail no more than three days after the due date, as provided for at 8 CFR 103.5(b) ." As long as USCIS receives your RFE response today or tomorrow, there ought not to be any problem. Also, because the "deadline" of July 10th fell on a Saturday there is a required automatic extension to Monday.
For future reference, here are a few things to keep in mind regarding USCIS filing deadlines:
1. "Filed" = actually received by USCIS. post marks or airbills showing date sent do not matter
2. USCIS generally will not accept mail or courier deliveries on Saturdays, Sundays or Federal holidays.
3. Saturdays, Sundays and Federal holidays must be included when calculating time periods.
4. However, if the deadline actually falls on a Saturday, Sunday or Federal holiday, the deadline is extended to the next day that is not a Saturday, Sunday or Federal holiday. 8 CFR �1.1(h).
Hope this helps,
Ann
For future reference, here are a few things to keep in mind regarding USCIS filing deadlines:
1. "Filed" = actually received by USCIS. post marks or airbills showing date sent do not matter
2. USCIS generally will not accept mail or courier deliveries on Saturdays, Sundays or Federal holidays.
3. Saturdays, Sundays and Federal holidays must be included when calculating time periods.
4. However, if the deadline actually falls on a Saturday, Sunday or Federal holiday, the deadline is extended to the next day that is not a Saturday, Sunday or Federal holiday. 8 CFR �1.1(h).
Hope this helps,
Ann
uslegals
11-11 01:45 PM
I just read the instructions for E-filing of AP. This is what it says -
Who is Not Eligible to e-File This Form:
You are not eligible to electronically file this form if:
You have a pending I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence Status or Adjust Status currently at a USCIS office and you are eligible to file the I-131 for no additional fee.
Does that mean that only if your 485 application is @ a local office. My 485 is @ NBC, Biometrics is next week. I was told by my attorney that my application will then be transferred to local office for a interview. Don't know when though. Am i still eligible to E-file. Would appreciate any advice.
Thanks !
Who is Not Eligible to e-File This Form:
You are not eligible to electronically file this form if:
You have a pending I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence Status or Adjust Status currently at a USCIS office and you are eligible to file the I-131 for no additional fee.
Does that mean that only if your 485 application is @ a local office. My 485 is @ NBC, Biometrics is next week. I was told by my attorney that my application will then be transferred to local office for a interview. Don't know when though. Am i still eligible to E-file. Would appreciate any advice.
Thanks !
Dhundhun
10-26 01:28 PM
Huh??
I'm just curious. How will the driver read "No right turn on red"? There is no sign for that.
As far as "No right turn on red" is concerned, there could be text only (http://www.safetysystemshawaii.com/store/assets/images/product-catalog/bs_regulatory_signs/r10/sr16_4ea_18x24_hi.jpg) or sign only (http://www.trafficsignstore.com/R10-11c.jpg) or both.
For "text only" cases also drivers of other languages must honor. The sign test has several "text only" questions. I think, DMVs are making effort, so that other language driver also must know all the signs and texts - at least by taking exams.
I'm just curious. How will the driver read "No right turn on red"? There is no sign for that.
As far as "No right turn on red" is concerned, there could be text only (http://www.safetysystemshawaii.com/store/assets/images/product-catalog/bs_regulatory_signs/r10/sr16_4ea_18x24_hi.jpg) or sign only (http://www.trafficsignstore.com/R10-11c.jpg) or both.
For "text only" cases also drivers of other languages must honor. The sign test has several "text only" questions. I think, DMVs are making effort, so that other language driver also must know all the signs and texts - at least by taking exams.