lj_rr
07-30 10:24 AM
This is what the FAQ says
"Q5: Where should employment-based adjustment applications be filed?
A5. Forms I-485 may be filed at either the Nebraska Service Center or the Texas Service Center in accordance with the Direct Filing Update issued June 21, 2007."
Though it says Nebraska Service Center or the Texas Service Center there is also an additional clause "Nebraska Service Center or the Texas Service Center in accordance with the Direct Filing Update issued June 21, 2007". ANd according to that update CA residents should file at Nebraska.
This is what is confusing me.
Please see Q5 & Q6:
http://www.uscis.gov/files/pressrelease/EBFAQ1.pdf
Also FAQ2 for your reference:
http://www.uscis.gov/files/pressrelease/FAQ2.pdf
"Q5: Where should employment-based adjustment applications be filed?
A5. Forms I-485 may be filed at either the Nebraska Service Center or the Texas Service Center in accordance with the Direct Filing Update issued June 21, 2007."
Though it says Nebraska Service Center or the Texas Service Center there is also an additional clause "Nebraska Service Center or the Texas Service Center in accordance with the Direct Filing Update issued June 21, 2007". ANd according to that update CA residents should file at Nebraska.
This is what is confusing me.
Please see Q5 & Q6:
http://www.uscis.gov/files/pressrelease/EBFAQ1.pdf
Also FAQ2 for your reference:
http://www.uscis.gov/files/pressrelease/FAQ2.pdf
wallpaper Fairy godmother cookie cutter
Picasa
08-27 01:25 PM
Where did you go to renew your licence (what state)?
I went for Driver licence renewal.I have I797 H1B notice of approval for 2 more years.But I don't have it stamped in passport.So when they see it,they said they won't consider it as visa on passport is not valid and expired.Though I am not using ,I have valid EAD card also.So When I shown it ,they renewd my licence.Now I am thinking,is it ok If I use my EAD card for licence renewal as I am not using EAD status now.I want to be on H1B only.I don't want to use EAD now. can anybody tell me will it be alright to use EAD?Does it effect anywhere in my status?
Please respond.
I went for Driver licence renewal.I have I797 H1B notice of approval for 2 more years.But I don't have it stamped in passport.So when they see it,they said they won't consider it as visa on passport is not valid and expired.Though I am not using ,I have valid EAD card also.So When I shown it ,they renewd my licence.Now I am thinking,is it ok If I use my EAD card for licence renewal as I am not using EAD status now.I want to be on H1B only.I don't want to use EAD now. can anybody tell me will it be alright to use EAD?Does it effect anywhere in my status?
Please respond.
coopheal
04-23 08:17 AM
Is it not risky to move when your RFE response is pending? I worked for just 2 employers for 9 yrs between 2000 -- 2009
then since March I have so far been with 2 employers and now 3rd PERM offer.. I am concerned if that can create issues..
Gave notice for job change - you mean to your current consulting employer right??
If thats the case
1) work with your lawyer on AC21 filing. make sure he has done it before and he know what he would be doing.
2) Its good that you have already talked to your new employer about the GC letter.
3) More than likely your RFE would be related to medical. Thats what the trend is these days. If thats indeed the case get your medical exam stuff.
4) Along with your medical RFE keep the AC21 papers as well.
Check this thread out... http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=24601
Its what I did when RFE came.
Hopefully this would be it. Good luck.
PS - This is just a suggestion. Read more and do what you think will be best for you.
then since March I have so far been with 2 employers and now 3rd PERM offer.. I am concerned if that can create issues..
Gave notice for job change - you mean to your current consulting employer right??
If thats the case
1) work with your lawyer on AC21 filing. make sure he has done it before and he know what he would be doing.
2) Its good that you have already talked to your new employer about the GC letter.
3) More than likely your RFE would be related to medical. Thats what the trend is these days. If thats indeed the case get your medical exam stuff.
4) Along with your medical RFE keep the AC21 papers as well.
Check this thread out... http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=24601
Its what I did when RFE came.
Hopefully this would be it. Good luck.
PS - This is just a suggestion. Read more and do what you think will be best for you.
2011 I lost one of my godmothers to

sunshine2007
08-27 04:55 PM
this is a EB3 case and i'm the primary applicant not my spouse
more...
Canadian_Dream
11-02 01:03 PM
Berry, Appleman & Leiden LLP is probably the best immigration law firm in West Coast.
http://www.usabal.com/
In case you don't about the class action law suit of Chintakuntla et al. v. INS, please check the link:
http://www.immigrationlinks.com/news/news269.htm
http://www.usabal.com/
In case you don't about the class action law suit of Chintakuntla et al. v. INS, please check the link:
http://www.immigrationlinks.com/news/news269.htm
meridiani.planum
06-19 03:54 PM
Hi,
I am posting this on my friend's behalf. Here's his situation:
a) He's on H1
b) Applied for 485 / 765 / 131 through his employer.
c) Still on H1; EAD & AP approved.
d) Priority date no longer current for 485
e) He gets married.
f) Wife comes to US on H-4.
g) He's interested in switching jobs so that he can move on to new company and utilize his EAD, but since his wife is here on H4 - she would lose status.
h) Another thing is, she is also interested in working but can't do that on H-4.
Question: Is it possible to add her name as a dependent on his existing 485 & apply for her 765 & 131 (EAD / AP), even if his PD is not current? I've heard that some lawyers can file petition; but they charge hefty amount. But I've also heard that PD needs to be current in order to add his spouse's name as a dependent to 485 / 765 / 131.
Please let me know if it's possible to add the dependent regardless of PD being current or not.
Thanks in advance.
She cant file her 485/EAD/AP if the spouse's PD is not current.
her only option if she wants to work is filing her own H1. Until she changes status to her own H1, husband cannot use EAD (he needs to maintain H1 so she has H4 status).
However he *CAN* change jobs using AC-21, the new employer must sponsor his H1, he cant join on EAD. You dont HAVE to use EAD to switch jobs using AC-21, switching on H1 is also ok.
I am posting this on my friend's behalf. Here's his situation:
a) He's on H1
b) Applied for 485 / 765 / 131 through his employer.
c) Still on H1; EAD & AP approved.
d) Priority date no longer current for 485
e) He gets married.
f) Wife comes to US on H-4.
g) He's interested in switching jobs so that he can move on to new company and utilize his EAD, but since his wife is here on H4 - she would lose status.
h) Another thing is, she is also interested in working but can't do that on H-4.
Question: Is it possible to add her name as a dependent on his existing 485 & apply for her 765 & 131 (EAD / AP), even if his PD is not current? I've heard that some lawyers can file petition; but they charge hefty amount. But I've also heard that PD needs to be current in order to add his spouse's name as a dependent to 485 / 765 / 131.
Please let me know if it's possible to add the dependent regardless of PD being current or not.
Thanks in advance.
She cant file her 485/EAD/AP if the spouse's PD is not current.
her only option if she wants to work is filing her own H1. Until she changes status to her own H1, husband cannot use EAD (he needs to maintain H1 so she has H4 status).
However he *CAN* change jobs using AC-21, the new employer must sponsor his H1, he cant join on EAD. You dont HAVE to use EAD to switch jobs using AC-21, switching on H1 is also ok.
more...
eb3_nepa
05-28 09:57 AM
I am getting 2 opposite answers from 2 different filers.
Can more people who HAVE filed before post their experiences?
This is not a hypothetical or "how it SHOULD BE" thread. We are looking for people who HAVE filed before and can give us experiences. No speculations please.
Thanks.
Can more people who HAVE filed before post their experiences?
This is not a hypothetical or "how it SHOULD BE" thread. We are looking for people who HAVE filed before and can give us experiences. No speculations please.
Thanks.
2010 prom fair godmother,
mmeshref
12-02 07:06 PM
I am not sure why it's so hard to understand what I want :)
1- My wife's h4 visa will expire after 4 years
2- I already have my h1b extension
3- What I am saying that if I don't get the stamp in time, I am planning to enter with AP
Given all the points above, and the fact that I'll be working on H1b status, would this void my wife's h4 visa?
1- My wife's h4 visa will expire after 4 years
2- I already have my h1b extension
3- What I am saying that if I don't get the stamp in time, I am planning to enter with AP
Given all the points above, and the fact that I'll be working on H1b status, would this void my wife's h4 visa?
more...
vikaschowdhry
06-03 07:02 AM
Regarding Visa Camp, Chicago consulate's website says:
Applications from only US Passport holders will be accepted at the Visa Camps. No other consular service except visa will be provided at the Visa Camps.
Of course, if they have incomplete information on their website - this might be untrue and they might allow renewal of passports as well.
In any case, it seems to me that the expiration date on the passport should not be a huge concern for getting the H1B approved.
Applications from only US Passport holders will be accepted at the Visa Camps. No other consular service except visa will be provided at the Visa Camps.
Of course, if they have incomplete information on their website - this might be untrue and they might allow renewal of passports as well.
In any case, it seems to me that the expiration date on the passport should not be a huge concern for getting the H1B approved.
hair Unfair godmother is about

chintu25
07-30 12:39 PM
Did you have your A# with your I-140 approval??
My guessing is that your I-485 has been entered into the system and based on your A#, you may see the LUDs for other approved/pending receipt numbers also.
Yes I did have an A# on my I140 . But niether have I recd the reciept notice nor has the check hit the bank yet
So
what to make of it ?
My guessing is that your I-485 has been entered into the system and based on your A#, you may see the LUDs for other approved/pending receipt numbers also.
Yes I did have an A# on my I140 . But niether have I recd the reciept notice nor has the check hit the bank yet
So
what to make of it ?
more...
wandmaker
11-22 12:28 PM
She should enter in the US on H4, for which you will need to keep your H1 valid at least until the time of her entry.
Correction: He has to maintain the H1 even after his wife enters the USA in H4 status. If he looses H1B status by any means, his wife's H4 is invalid and she will be out of status. So, he has to maintain H1B status until his wife files AOS/485.
Correction: He has to maintain the H1 even after his wife enters the USA in H4 status. If he looses H1B status by any means, his wife's H4 is invalid and she will be out of status. So, he has to maintain H1B status until his wife files AOS/485.
hot godmother
talduk
March 24th, 2005, 02:29 AM
I forgot to mention that I purchased only the body and put on an old F-801 35-70 nikon lense.
more...
house ap godmother 2
Polk1848
06-13 11:16 AM
IV core shud approach republicans who are saying no amnesty to law breakers.
Let us approach them and convince them to bring amendments to reward law abiding people like us.
Americans want immigrants like yourself who follow the rules and contribute to American society; it is our valued tradition. What we don't want is illegals walking all over our laws. The illegals hurt lawfull immigrants. I married an immigrant who followed the rules, she's very bitter over the way this country is pandering to the Hispanic Reconquista crowd. Americans don't want the amnesty, but the government is pushing for it. Legal immigrants and applicants, IMO, should stand up and be heard to fight anmesty as well.
Let us approach them and convince them to bring amendments to reward law abiding people like us.
Americans want immigrants like yourself who follow the rules and contribute to American society; it is our valued tradition. What we don't want is illegals walking all over our laws. The illegals hurt lawfull immigrants. I married an immigrant who followed the rules, she's very bitter over the way this country is pandering to the Hispanic Reconquista crowd. Americans don't want the amnesty, but the government is pushing for it. Legal immigrants and applicants, IMO, should stand up and be heard to fight anmesty as well.
tattoo godmother

inskrish
10-21 10:47 PM
Friends, can someone help answer a few questions for considering filed I-485 and adding spouse at the later. I am planning to get married in the January or february time frame in India. I have read at several places that one can add spouse anytime BEFORE 485 APPROVAL. I work on H1B, I am from India and my priority date is Oct 06 with approved EAD and I 485 pending. I have some specific questions in case my priority date becomes current. My question is -
1. Can I travel and enter on my H1 even if my AP is approved/pending?
2. Is it safer to travel on AP even if I have a valid/invalid H1 stamped on my passport?
3. Can my wife enter on H4 and then we add her name to 485 when she is in US?
Thanks for any/all additional help you can provide with my scenario. I can be flexible if someone has any suggestions that can help my case.
Of course I will be taking my lawyer's advice and use your suggestions to enchance my knowledge and present some scenarios to the lawyer.
Thanks for all your help!!
1. Can I travel and enter on my H1 even if my AP is approved/pending?
Yes, you can travel and enter into USA on your H1 visa even if your AP is approved or pending as long as your visa has a valid stamping.
2. Is it safer to travel on AP even if I have a valid/invalid H1 stamped on my passport?
If you have an invalid H1 stamping on your passport, then AP is the only way to enter into USA. On the other hand, If you have a valid stamping and also have an approved AP, you can use either H1 or AP to enter into USA.
3. Can my wife enter on H4 and then we add her name to 485 when she is in US?
If you have a valid H1 Visa, your wife can enter on H4. Regarding adding your wife's name to your 485 case, I am not sure, but I believe you have to wait until your PD becomes current.
Consulting an attorney is the best option, I believe. Good luck!
Regards,
IK
1. Can I travel and enter on my H1 even if my AP is approved/pending?
2. Is it safer to travel on AP even if I have a valid/invalid H1 stamped on my passport?
3. Can my wife enter on H4 and then we add her name to 485 when she is in US?
Thanks for any/all additional help you can provide with my scenario. I can be flexible if someone has any suggestions that can help my case.
Of course I will be taking my lawyer's advice and use your suggestions to enchance my knowledge and present some scenarios to the lawyer.
Thanks for all your help!!
1. Can I travel and enter on my H1 even if my AP is approved/pending?
Yes, you can travel and enter into USA on your H1 visa even if your AP is approved or pending as long as your visa has a valid stamping.
2. Is it safer to travel on AP even if I have a valid/invalid H1 stamped on my passport?
If you have an invalid H1 stamping on your passport, then AP is the only way to enter into USA. On the other hand, If you have a valid stamping and also have an approved AP, you can use either H1 or AP to enter into USA.
3. Can my wife enter on H4 and then we add her name to 485 when she is in US?
If you have a valid H1 Visa, your wife can enter on H4. Regarding adding your wife's name to your 485 case, I am not sure, but I believe you have to wait until your PD becomes current.
Consulting an attorney is the best option, I believe. Good luck!
Regards,
IK
more...
pictures godmother personalized
SertTurk
07-19 09:39 AM
Did not recieve any cards,what is that?
dresses Shrek Fairy Godmother
singhsa3
08-20 07:36 PM
Looks like we are the only three so far..
more...
makeup or even godmother school
StuckInTheMuck
03-09 09:50 AM
For those of you waiting on your pending I485 following a successful EB2->EB1 upgrade, it took me a little over a month after my I140(EB1) was approved late Jan, and only 3 weeks after the upgrade request was mailed to USCIS (relevant timeline is in my signature below). I received the "Welcome to USA" notice (for me and my wife) yesterday in my mailbox. Also, there was no prior LUD change or email notification (maybe they want to hit us with the good news, after causing so much heartburn). We had one (medical) RFE last year, because we skipped medicals while rushing our I485 petition to beat July 2 ('07) deadline.
A big THANK YOU shoutout to IV leaders who do the heavy lifting day-in and day-out for others like us, and hearty wishes to those of you waiting for a looooong time to get through this stage (this is my 10th year in US, but I sort of lazed around on my H1 until the fag end, when my friends forced me to shake a butt and initiate my "GC journey" early '06).
[ps. while I hesitate to say it here, I am committing $200 to IV just so others, who like me have benefited from IV's actions (both directly, such as "July-2 reversal", "2-yr EAD", "quick answers to urgent questions" etc, as well as in other intangible ways), make a similar gesture of appreciation after getting their GC]
Cheerio,
Stuck(no longer)InTheMuck
A big THANK YOU shoutout to IV leaders who do the heavy lifting day-in and day-out for others like us, and hearty wishes to those of you waiting for a looooong time to get through this stage (this is my 10th year in US, but I sort of lazed around on my H1 until the fag end, when my friends forced me to shake a butt and initiate my "GC journey" early '06).
[ps. while I hesitate to say it here, I am committing $200 to IV just so others, who like me have benefited from IV's actions (both directly, such as "July-2 reversal", "2-yr EAD", "quick answers to urgent questions" etc, as well as in other intangible ways), make a similar gesture of appreciation after getting their GC]
Cheerio,
Stuck(no longer)InTheMuck
girlfriend e godmother If youremay , with
texcan
09-17 03:06 PM
Looks like no one is accepting my apologies :( maybe they will all come to DC and beat me up instead
Chanduv23,
I am sure your words of encouragement were well taken by everyone.
You did well, encouragement is encouragement....
"Even though eagles have best flying skills...still they need a push"
best
Chanduv23,
I am sure your words of encouragement were well taken by everyone.
You did well, encouragement is encouragement....
"Even though eagles have best flying skills...still they need a push"
best
hairstyles chase Godmother quotes the
s416504
02-22 12:14 PM
5. My wife has an H1 also, so as she used her EAD(which came as my dependent) not with the company which hold's her H1, in this case what would be the status of her H1, can she quit her present job and do another job using her H1, is that H1 still valid.
I think she is ok to switch to H1 but you all need to go out of US & Enter with that H1B Visa for switching plus she has to work with H1B sponcer employer.
Any way share us output after consulting good attorney.
I think she is ok to switch to H1 but you all need to go out of US & Enter with that H1B Visa for switching plus she has to work with H1B sponcer employer.
Any way share us output after consulting good attorney.
rajuram
02-17 01:17 AM
There are hardly any efforts now to do targetted email & phone campaigns now. This costs no money, and very little time.
I had called up Senator John Coryn's office. They told me that currently immigration bills are going nowhere. The Senator still has plans to introduce SKILL bill, but exactly when that will happen is not certain.
BE HEARD - Thursday, January 18, 2007
http://hammondlawgroup.blogspot.com/
AILA has suggested two ways that everyone can let their voice be heard.
1. Flood congressional inboxes and phone lines: Take 30 seconds to send our pre-scripted CIR support letter to your senators and representatives, and then forward the link to all your pro-immigrant friends. Or pick up the phone and make a personal pitch in support of CIR to congressional staff. You will find the pre-scripted letter and phone numbers for congressional offices at our Congressional Action and Information Center at: http://capwiz.com/aila2
2) Talk to your elected officials: Attend a local town hall meeting and let your senators and representatives know you support humane and comprehensive reform. You will find a Town Hall Calendar at http://www.aila.org/content/default.aspx?docid=20340, and our Town Hall Tool Kit at http://www.aila.org/content/default.aspx?docid=20175
I had called up Senator John Coryn's office. They told me that currently immigration bills are going nowhere. The Senator still has plans to introduce SKILL bill, but exactly when that will happen is not certain.
BE HEARD - Thursday, January 18, 2007
http://hammondlawgroup.blogspot.com/
AILA has suggested two ways that everyone can let their voice be heard.
1. Flood congressional inboxes and phone lines: Take 30 seconds to send our pre-scripted CIR support letter to your senators and representatives, and then forward the link to all your pro-immigrant friends. Or pick up the phone and make a personal pitch in support of CIR to congressional staff. You will find the pre-scripted letter and phone numbers for congressional offices at our Congressional Action and Information Center at: http://capwiz.com/aila2
2) Talk to your elected officials: Attend a local town hall meeting and let your senators and representatives know you support humane and comprehensive reform. You will find a Town Hall Calendar at http://www.aila.org/content/default.aspx?docid=20340, and our Town Hall Tool Kit at http://www.aila.org/content/default.aspx?docid=20175
hpandey
10-26 10:51 AM
Non - English speaking or not isn't it the responsibility of the driver of the vehicle to drive following the rules of the Road. Why make a U-turn where it is not allowed. Why turn when it is written NO turn on Red. Is it the fault of the sign that you cannot read English.
US is an English speaking nation although people from all parts of the word live here. We have to abide by the common language which is English and not Spanish. The DMV cannot post sign in hundreds of languages that different people speak.
If the driver violated the law he must be given a ticket unless it is his first offence when a warning would be sufficient. Rules are meant to be followed.
US is an English speaking nation although people from all parts of the word live here. We have to abide by the common language which is English and not Spanish. The DMV cannot post sign in hundreds of languages that different people speak.
If the driver violated the law he must be given a ticket unless it is his first offence when a warning would be sufficient. Rules are meant to be followed.