wandmaker
07-19 04:01 AM
Just wanted to share our 7th year H-1B extension stamping in Chennai on July 15th. Since my I-140 was approved, the I-797 petition was approved for 3 years. My family (wife and daughter) attended the interview along with me. The procedure for H-1B extension/renewal is much easier in Chennai compared to first time stampers. There is a separate counter for renewals and the interview procedure is quite simple. After the initial screening of documents, we went to a separate renewal counter which did not have any queue.
The VO just asked some questions about my nature of the job and how long I have been with my company. FYI, my company is a major reputed IT Foreign MNC. My family was not asked any questions. We did not have any PIMS delays and I got the passport couriered the very next day itself. The petition was approved a month before the stamping. Overall it is a much streamlined process for H-1B visa extensions/renewals.
Thanks MP70
Thanks for sharing, Nice to know there is a separate counter for H1B revalidation. Enjoy your rest of the vacation.
The VO just asked some questions about my nature of the job and how long I have been with my company. FYI, my company is a major reputed IT Foreign MNC. My family was not asked any questions. We did not have any PIMS delays and I got the passport couriered the very next day itself. The petition was approved a month before the stamping. Overall it is a much streamlined process for H-1B visa extensions/renewals.
Thanks MP70
Thanks for sharing, Nice to know there is a separate counter for H1B revalidation. Enjoy your rest of the vacation.
wallpaper images FOR DOLLS SUCH AS AMERICAN itty button dolls. R. John Wright Bitty,
dealsnet
05-07 01:35 PM
Do not use some one's profile, if you want answer from any one. To make a new profile will take less than 10 minutes. If you don't have 10 minutes, then how other people spend their time to answer your questions. You want free advice, but you are not willing to join IV. This all shows the mindset of the people.
Any way using some one's username and password is highly illegal. Ask IV moderator for permission to use some body's account.
guys..it is very unfortunate that you felt that im here to make sensation by creating stories out of my head..!
the qn raised afew months ago was my friend who had this profile in this community..she gave me the link of the response, and also asked me to use her profile in future as she seldom use this community herself..in my situation, when we are going through lot of stress, i did not find time to create a new profile or update the current profile...i hope its not a major crime!!
today i checked the profile page, and i did not see anything relevant information that i can add (most of it is GC application related, which im not dong). the only thing i could do is remove the state of residence of my friend!
i cannot reveal my identity or share my personal information in a public forum other than my location which is India.
My employer had filed a civil complaint, saying i have broken the contract which i signed with them that i will work with them for 18 months!
if you do not feel comfortable helping a person without knowing the identity(i dnt see anybody in this forum using their real name), it is totally fine.
Any way using some one's username and password is highly illegal. Ask IV moderator for permission to use some body's account.
guys..it is very unfortunate that you felt that im here to make sensation by creating stories out of my head..!
the qn raised afew months ago was my friend who had this profile in this community..she gave me the link of the response, and also asked me to use her profile in future as she seldom use this community herself..in my situation, when we are going through lot of stress, i did not find time to create a new profile or update the current profile...i hope its not a major crime!!
today i checked the profile page, and i did not see anything relevant information that i can add (most of it is GC application related, which im not dong). the only thing i could do is remove the state of residence of my friend!
i cannot reveal my identity or share my personal information in a public forum other than my location which is India.
My employer had filed a civil complaint, saying i have broken the contract which i signed with them that i will work with them for 18 months!
if you do not feel comfortable helping a person without knowing the identity(i dnt see anybody in this forum using their real name), it is totally fine.
gc_on_demand
08-06 03:05 PM
Are there public benefits that aliens can legally receive without worrying that they will be considered a public charge?
A: Yes. Not all publicly funded benefits will be considered in deciding whether someone is or is likely to become a public charge. The focus of the public charge definition is on cash benefits for income maintenance and institutionalization for long-term care at government expense. Examples of benefits that will not be considered for public charge purposes include:
Medicaid and other health insurance and health services (including public assistance for immunizations and for testing and treatment of symptoms of communicable diseases; use of health clinics, prenatal care, etc.), other support for institutionalization for long-term care, Children�s Health Insurance Program (CHIP), Nutrition programs including Food Stamps, the Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants and Children (WIC), the National School Lunch and Breakfast programs, and other supplementary and emergency food assistance programs:
Housing assistance
Child care services
Energy assistance, such as the Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
Emergency disaster relief
Foster care and adoption assistance
Educational assistance, including benefits under the Head Start Act and aid for elementary, secondary, or higher education
Job training programs
In-kind, community-based programs, services, or assistance (such as soup kitchens, crisis counseling and intervention, and short-term shelter).
Are health care benefits and enrollment in health insurance programs like Medicaid and CHIP considered for public charge purposes?
A: No, not unless an alien is primarily dependent on the government for subsistence as demonstrated by institutionalization for long-term care at government expense. In particular, USCIS and the State Department will not consider participation in Medicaid, CHIP, or similar state-funded programs, for public charge purposes. This approach will help to safeguard public health while still allowing USCIS and the State Department to identify people who are primarily dependent on the government for subsistence by looking to the receipt of public cash assistance for income maintenance. In addition, short-term institutionalization for rehabilitation will not be considered for public charge purposes.
Point is should he put YES or NO in I 485. If he does put YES I am sure in given environment he will get RFE for his wife.
I just want to see if some has same or simillar situation..
A: Yes. Not all publicly funded benefits will be considered in deciding whether someone is or is likely to become a public charge. The focus of the public charge definition is on cash benefits for income maintenance and institutionalization for long-term care at government expense. Examples of benefits that will not be considered for public charge purposes include:
Medicaid and other health insurance and health services (including public assistance for immunizations and for testing and treatment of symptoms of communicable diseases; use of health clinics, prenatal care, etc.), other support for institutionalization for long-term care, Children�s Health Insurance Program (CHIP), Nutrition programs including Food Stamps, the Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants and Children (WIC), the National School Lunch and Breakfast programs, and other supplementary and emergency food assistance programs:
Housing assistance
Child care services
Energy assistance, such as the Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
Emergency disaster relief
Foster care and adoption assistance
Educational assistance, including benefits under the Head Start Act and aid for elementary, secondary, or higher education
Job training programs
In-kind, community-based programs, services, or assistance (such as soup kitchens, crisis counseling and intervention, and short-term shelter).
Are health care benefits and enrollment in health insurance programs like Medicaid and CHIP considered for public charge purposes?
A: No, not unless an alien is primarily dependent on the government for subsistence as demonstrated by institutionalization for long-term care at government expense. In particular, USCIS and the State Department will not consider participation in Medicaid, CHIP, or similar state-funded programs, for public charge purposes. This approach will help to safeguard public health while still allowing USCIS and the State Department to identify people who are primarily dependent on the government for subsistence by looking to the receipt of public cash assistance for income maintenance. In addition, short-term institutionalization for rehabilitation will not be considered for public charge purposes.
Point is should he put YES or NO in I 485. If he does put YES I am sure in given environment he will get RFE for his wife.
I just want to see if some has same or simillar situation..
2011 Itty-Bitty Toys: How to Knit
lvinaykumar
04-12 11:40 AM
ImmigratoinVoice does not have a entry in wikipedia. I think we should create this entry. And put as much information as possible. It will help us getting more people
more...
eb3_nepa
06-22 09:16 AM
Agree.
Initial Evidence for I-485 includes
1. Copy of approved I-140 (or concurrent filing or I-140 receipt)
2. Employment Letter (for GC job)
3. Proof that person is maintaining valid status in USA since last entry in USA
Not a legal advice
----------------------------------
Permanent Resident since May 2002
When you say
Proof that person is maintaining valid status in USA since last entry in USA
What documents prove that exactly?
Initial Evidence for I-485 includes
1. Copy of approved I-140 (or concurrent filing or I-140 receipt)
2. Employment Letter (for GC job)
3. Proof that person is maintaining valid status in USA since last entry in USA
Not a legal advice
----------------------------------
Permanent Resident since May 2002
When you say
Proof that person is maintaining valid status in USA since last entry in USA
What documents prove that exactly?
eb3_nepa
02-03 02:03 PM
Ragz,
I have used a similar copy myself when meeting the staff of Congressman Michael Fitzpatric, with great results. However we were told that we were waiting for the lobby firms to give us their input. My guess was, if they are going to provide some really good insight, then we might as well wait a little and add that b4 meeting the Congressmen/Senators.
If you guys are decided on the presentation, then i can go ahead and book the appointment.
I have used a similar copy myself when meeting the staff of Congressman Michael Fitzpatric, with great results. However we were told that we were waiting for the lobby firms to give us their input. My guess was, if they are going to provide some really good insight, then we might as well wait a little and add that b4 meeting the Congressmen/Senators.
If you guys are decided on the presentation, then i can go ahead and book the appointment.
more...
mk26
05-24 09:14 AM
Nobody wants to 'predict'? Or people are interested only in seeing the real data!
click below to find information you reqested:
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum2-retrogression-priority-dates-and-visa-bulletins/1331594-eb2-eb3-predictions-rather-calculations-63.html
click below to find information you reqested:
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum2-retrogression-priority-dates-and-visa-bulletins/1331594-eb2-eb3-predictions-rather-calculations-63.html
2010 itty button dolls. AMERICAN GIRL BITTY BABY; AMERICAN GIRL BITTY BABY
Mahatma
06-04 12:47 PM
You have 2 best possible scenario.
1. OPT should give you 29 months window to apply for H1 or AOS (that is when PD becomes current for EB2 India). It doesn't hurt to start I-140 NIW process now.
2. It may be a good idea to consider EB1 as well, although it may be very challenging. Approval under EB1 might make your AOS journey shorter.
You could piggy-back on your H1 spouse's AOS if that is on-going.
You could explore multiple options simultaneously. There is no bar. Just remember one thing though. F1 and OPT are non-immigrant intent statuses. Hence, timing of I-140 should be prudent. It is better to do I-140 petition after OPT approval. Check with your attorney. Good luck!
1. OPT should give you 29 months window to apply for H1 or AOS (that is when PD becomes current for EB2 India). It doesn't hurt to start I-140 NIW process now.
2. It may be a good idea to consider EB1 as well, although it may be very challenging. Approval under EB1 might make your AOS journey shorter.
You could piggy-back on your H1 spouse's AOS if that is on-going.
You could explore multiple options simultaneously. There is no bar. Just remember one thing though. F1 and OPT are non-immigrant intent statuses. Hence, timing of I-140 should be prudent. It is better to do I-140 petition after OPT approval. Check with your attorney. Good luck!
more...
newyorker123
12-22 03:42 PM
Anyone please advice if I need to get verified the PIMS check before my h1 visa interview at Kolkata, I have an appointment on 1st week of Jan2011.
Please share if anyone has any idea one this
Thanks
-MK
check with your attorney whether they checked the option of upon approval of I-129 petition send a copy to KCC (kentucky consular center), if they did you are safe. To my understanding Electronic copy of your I-797 is visible to all cousulates thru a copy at KCC.
Please share if anyone has any idea one this
Thanks
-MK
check with your attorney whether they checked the option of upon approval of I-129 petition send a copy to KCC (kentucky consular center), if they did you are safe. To my understanding Electronic copy of your I-797 is visible to all cousulates thru a copy at KCC.
hair itty button dolls. some outfits for Bitty; some outfits for Bitty. MacManX

popoye
04-27 12:28 PM
receiving RFE during 485 stage has become more of a common thing. Dont worry about it. Once you get the letter, prepare a response with the right evidence with the help of the attorney, and you should be fine.
more...
njboy
07-24 05:11 PM
skil bill might turn out into pulp fiction..just like CIR did. If the ability to file for 485 when visa numbers are retrogressed is attained..then, thats awesome..but all Im saying is..given the fact that we havent had any favorable legislation ..atleast if we get portability when our labor/140 is pending and dont have to fear losing our priority dates..that will be a good start. Companys may not want us to have portability, infact I know many company that werent too happy with the AC-21 because it reduced the amount of time they could fleece the consultant, but I am saying this will be good for us
hot Twins Overall Short Set: Bitty
sidd
07-04 10:44 AM
Rayyan,
Here is my experience. I attended interview at Chennai Consulate on 06/23/08 (H1 approval notice - 2006). Got my passport back in 2 days. No PIMS delay as my info was already in their system. My daughter (H4 approval notice - 2006 and principal applicant is my husband) attended the interview on the same day. However, her info was not available in PIMS. They kept the passport and said it will be sent within a week. I sent an email (to ChennaiNIV@state.gov) on 07/02. They sent a reply asking me to contact them again in 3 days. By God's grace, she received her stamped passport on 07/04.
Now, answers to your questions:
Chennai appointments slots are normally open 3-4 weeks in advance. Make an appointment accordingly.
I think the info is added to PIMS on a routine basis. Making an appointment does not seem to have any effect. If, on the day of your interview, your info is there in PIMS, it is there. Otherwise, you will have to wait till the time they add it.
I normally go to Chennai as that is my regional consulate.
I am not aware of any specific way to make them add your info to PIMS (if it is already not there) before you actually attend the interview.
We have always followed one very successful strategy in all our visa dealings with US consulate namely, PRAY TO GOD.
All the very best for your interview.
Disclaimer: I am not a legal expert on visa stamping procedures or on any of the issues discussed above. These are all my opinions/assumptions only purely based on my experience.
Hi sk76012w,
Congrats and thanks for sharing your experience. I would really appreciate if you can reply to my couple of questions:
1. Was it a H1B renewal for yourself?
2. Your approval notice was approx. for which month of 2006?
3. As I can make out, your daughter attended the interview with the H1 Approval Notice of your husband? And that means, the information for your husband's H1 petition was not there in PIMS. Am I right here? Can you please let me know which month/year your husband's approval notice was for?
Thanks.
Here is my experience. I attended interview at Chennai Consulate on 06/23/08 (H1 approval notice - 2006). Got my passport back in 2 days. No PIMS delay as my info was already in their system. My daughter (H4 approval notice - 2006 and principal applicant is my husband) attended the interview on the same day. However, her info was not available in PIMS. They kept the passport and said it will be sent within a week. I sent an email (to ChennaiNIV@state.gov) on 07/02. They sent a reply asking me to contact them again in 3 days. By God's grace, she received her stamped passport on 07/04.
Now, answers to your questions:
Chennai appointments slots are normally open 3-4 weeks in advance. Make an appointment accordingly.
I think the info is added to PIMS on a routine basis. Making an appointment does not seem to have any effect. If, on the day of your interview, your info is there in PIMS, it is there. Otherwise, you will have to wait till the time they add it.
I normally go to Chennai as that is my regional consulate.
I am not aware of any specific way to make them add your info to PIMS (if it is already not there) before you actually attend the interview.
We have always followed one very successful strategy in all our visa dealings with US consulate namely, PRAY TO GOD.
All the very best for your interview.
Disclaimer: I am not a legal expert on visa stamping procedures or on any of the issues discussed above. These are all my opinions/assumptions only purely based on my experience.
Hi sk76012w,
Congrats and thanks for sharing your experience. I would really appreciate if you can reply to my couple of questions:
1. Was it a H1B renewal for yourself?
2. Your approval notice was approx. for which month of 2006?
3. As I can make out, your daughter attended the interview with the H1 Approval Notice of your husband? And that means, the information for your husband's H1 petition was not there in PIMS. Am I right here? Can you please let me know which month/year your husband's approval notice was for?
Thanks.
more...
house hot of itty itty scarves for itty button dolls. dolls (the dolls modeling
harikris
05-20 08:09 PM
President Obama recently mentioned plans for holding a White House meeting to discuss proceeding with immigration reform legislation. And now he is keeping that promise by setting June 8th, just three weeks from now, to hold the meeting. According to Politico: "The meeting will be an opportunity to launch a policy conversation that we hope will be able to start a debate that will take place in Congress later in the year," the official, who asked not to be named, said. Asked if the session would be billed as a summit or a forum, like similar meetings on health care...
More... (http://blogs.ilw.com/gregsiskind/2009/05/obama-sets-date-for-immigration-reform-white-house-conversation.html)
After a long period, this piece of news is most welcome. This is precisely what we need - people that really matter are going to take up this issue. Hopefully, they reach some logical conclusion on legal immigrant petitions. All we can do from outside is to influence their discussions/debates by making our views heard.
More... (http://blogs.ilw.com/gregsiskind/2009/05/obama-sets-date-for-immigration-reform-white-house-conversation.html)
After a long period, this piece of news is most welcome. This is precisely what we need - people that really matter are going to take up this issue. Hopefully, they reach some logical conclusion on legal immigrant petitions. All we can do from outside is to influence their discussions/debates by making our views heard.
tattoo itty button dolls. utton itty lalaloopsy; utton itty lalaloopsy
CADude
07-02 03:07 PM
YOU HAVE LOT OF MONEY BOSS.. :confused:
I paid for a 2007 labor for 15k. Now I am screwed.
I paid for a 2007 labor for 15k. Now I am screwed.
more...
pictures Bitty Button Dolls. I honestly believe Button; I honestly believe Button
gc28262
07-23 07:22 AM
India develops world's cheapest 'laptop' at $35 - dnaindia.com (http://www.dnaindia.com/india/report_india-develops-world-s-cheapest-laptop-at-35_1413493)
New Delhi: India has come up with the world's cheapest laptop, a touch-screen computing device that will cost just $35.
Human resource development minister, Kapil Sibal, this week unveiled the low-cost computing device that is designed for students, saying his department had started talks with global manufacturers to start mass production.
"We have reached a (developmental) stage, that today the motherboard, its chip, its processing, connectivity, all of them cumulatively cost around $35, including memory, display, everything," he told a news conference.
He said the touch-screen gadget was packed with internet browsers, PDF reader and video conferencing facilities, but its hardware was created with sufficient flexibility to incorporate new components according to user requirement.
Sibal said the Linux-based computing device was expected to be introduced to higher education institutions from 2011, but the aim was to drop the price further to $20 and ultimately to $10.
The device was developed by research teams at India's premier technological institutes, the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) and the Indian Institute of Science.
India spends about three% of its annual budget on school education and has improved its literacy rates to over 64% of its 1.2 billion population, but studies have shown that many students can barely read or write and most state-run schools have inadequate facilities.
New Delhi: India has come up with the world's cheapest laptop, a touch-screen computing device that will cost just $35.
Human resource development minister, Kapil Sibal, this week unveiled the low-cost computing device that is designed for students, saying his department had started talks with global manufacturers to start mass production.
"We have reached a (developmental) stage, that today the motherboard, its chip, its processing, connectivity, all of them cumulatively cost around $35, including memory, display, everything," he told a news conference.
He said the touch-screen gadget was packed with internet browsers, PDF reader and video conferencing facilities, but its hardware was created with sufficient flexibility to incorporate new components according to user requirement.
Sibal said the Linux-based computing device was expected to be introduced to higher education institutions from 2011, but the aim was to drop the price further to $20 and ultimately to $10.
The device was developed by research teams at India's premier technological institutes, the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) and the Indian Institute of Science.
India spends about three% of its annual budget on school education and has improved its literacy rates to over 64% of its 1.2 billion population, but studies have shown that many students can barely read or write and most state-run schools have inadequate facilities.
dresses itty button dolls. Dolls amp; Bears. Make Offer; Dolls amp; Bears.
h1extn
08-07 11:24 PM
Hi All
If I migrate to Canada as a temporary worker, is it possible to come back to USA in H1B visa after one year if some company in USA is willing to sponser my H1B ? or there are any restrictions? please help
If I migrate to Canada as a temporary worker, is it possible to come back to USA in H1B visa after one year if some company in USA is willing to sponser my H1B ? or there are any restrictions? please help
more...
makeup itty button dolls. Snowflake Pajamas for dolls. Snowflake Pajamas for dolls
gotgc?
08-13 10:49 AM
bumping...
girlfriend itty button dolls. dolls (the dolls modeling
iwantgc
09-11 06:34 PM
I've been a silent avid reader of this website and I'm also among those EB3 retro victims. I'm starting a thread about what I read from shusterman website " there's no chance getting an immigration bill inacted before November election" and see what's everyone's opinion on this.
iwantgc
iwantgc
hairstyles One of Esmé#39;s dolls
veni001
01-21 12:44 PM
The country quota extends to all the nations and is not specific to few countries (India, China....) UK, Germany, France have country limits too, its just that their countries are not oversubscribed like India, China...
Country quota has no place in employment based green card system. The skill set that I have and that my employer seeks has nothing to do with the country that I was born in!
Congress got country limits into immigration b'se they want to limit # of people immigrate from single country, but the AC1 gave spillover provisions.
:o
Country quota has no place in employment based green card system. The skill set that I have and that my employer seeks has nothing to do with the country that I was born in!
Congress got country limits into immigration b'se they want to limit # of people immigrate from single country, but the AC1 gave spillover provisions.
:o
meet_rayhan
08-10 06:43 PM
Hi,
I have fallen through the same situation. Does any one has any estimate or any contact # to contact DOL for this kind of case? I do not have much time as my current Visa is expiring pretty soon.
My lawyer has already sent all the information to DOL and we are waiting for response. I am in a real panic mode at this time.
Thanks,
Rayhan Khan
I have fallen through the same situation. Does any one has any estimate or any contact # to contact DOL for this kind of case? I do not have much time as my current Visa is expiring pretty soon.
My lawyer has already sent all the information to DOL and we are waiting for response. I am in a real panic mode at this time.
Thanks,
Rayhan Khan
gc_chahiye
12-18 07:04 PM
Even approved GC and Neutralized Citizenship certificates also can be revoked, if it was found later that there was some fraud involved in it.
I know the GC and citizenship process is long and hard, but did not realize it required such sacrifices (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=neuterizing)... :D
I know the GC and citizenship process is long and hard, but did not realize it required such sacrifices (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=neuterizing)... :D