
mbartosik
01-30 08:41 PM
Yes this looks bad, and what we're trying to do with MI will be stomped on to a large extent by this.
The key problem is that it assumes that DHS SAVE system is up to date, and we know how far USCIS gets with data entry.
Also licenses to be marked as temporary.
The key problem is that it assumes that DHS SAVE system is up to date, and we know how far USCIS gets with data entry.
Also licenses to be marked as temporary.
wallpaper Half up half down prom

quick
March 16th, 2005, 05:05 PM
I have decided to go for the SB-600 rather than the 800 because I don't think I need the extra functions at this point. It will save on $$$ and weight too.
Thanks,
Shawn
Good choice.
You also have faster recharge since the flash is slightly less powerful but perfectly adequate... I was going to get an SB-800 but ended up with two SB-600s for now for the same price.
I will likely get one SB-800 (and maybe another SB-600) when I get my D2x so that I have commander mode available.
the two SB-600s I have have been great for the month I've had them - if your only body is a D70 you're golden - you can use the sb-5B-600 on remote and use the built in D70 flash as commander.
-dq
Thanks,
Shawn
Good choice.
You also have faster recharge since the flash is slightly less powerful but perfectly adequate... I was going to get an SB-800 but ended up with two SB-600s for now for the same price.
I will likely get one SB-800 (and maybe another SB-600) when I get my D2x so that I have commander mode available.
the two SB-600s I have have been great for the month I've had them - if your only body is a D70 you're golden - you can use the sb-5B-600 on remote and use the built in D70 flash as commander.
-dq

vin13
09-10 09:02 AM
As the health care debate draws more hate against �illegal immigrant coverage�, the Democratic Senator charged with introducing immigration reform legislation is making more excuses instead of moving forward.
Sen. Charles Schumer, D-N.Y., has decided to delay introducing legislation to overhaul the nation�s immigration laws in hopes of bringing more senators on board and crafting a bipartisan bill, his spokesman said Tuesday��We are pleased with the framework we have put together so far and the broad-based support it has gotten from a diverse group of those interested in this issue,� [Brian] Fallon said. �The fact that health care is taking longer than expected gives us additional time to now shop our ideas to a number of Republicans to see what they think and what changes they suggest.�
Sen. Charles Schumer, D-N.Y., has decided to delay introducing legislation to overhaul the nation�s immigration laws in hopes of bringing more senators on board and crafting a bipartisan bill, his spokesman said Tuesday��We are pleased with the framework we have put together so far and the broad-based support it has gotten from a diverse group of those interested in this issue,� [Brian] Fallon said. �The fact that health care is taking longer than expected gives us additional time to now shop our ideas to a number of Republicans to see what they think and what changes they suggest.�
2011 prom hairstyles half up half
ragz4u
01-25 11:53 AM
What is lobbying and is it legal?
As per the definition at Wikipedia, Lobbying is the practice of private advocacy with the goal of influencing a governing body by promoting a point of view that is conducive to an individual's or organization's goals. more information can be found here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lobbying
It is 100% legal and is in fact the preferred way of getting things done by most corporations. Corporations like Microsoft, Dell, Yahoo, Google etc have all used lobbying in the past and in fact I would go as far as saying that every Fortune 1000 firm has used lobbying at one point of time or another. Just search for any company name and the word lobbying on Google and you'll see what we are talking about
What has lobbying got to do with the Immigration Bill?
As we know from part III, Senator Specter will be creating a markup of the Senate Immigration Bill. This may/may not contain the provisions that the immigrant community is looking for.
The differennt bills that are being considered for the markup are McCain Kennedy bill, Cornyn Kyl bill, the Chuck Hagel Bill and a few others
This document by AILA compares the various versions of the bill in different categories http://www.shusterman.com/pdf/immreform106.pdf. This also considers a markup of Senator Specter which is unofficial at the moment. This means that until it gets officially presented to the Judiciary Committee for review, it could change anytime.
This markup already seems to contain the provisions we need, what are we still worried about?
If you have read my post on S.1932, you would know that a bill can be amended at multiple stages.
1) Senator Specter could change his markup, after all he has not come out with an official version. Do not forget that the link above refers to an unofficial version of the markup. As per unconfirmed reports, the Chairman's markup could be out anytime between now and mid-march and a lot of things could change in the mean time
2) Assuming that the markup does contain the provisions that we as immigrants are fighting for, any judiciary committee member can propose an amendment to the bill which could result in a an unwanted change. A case in point is the amendment that Senator Diane Feinstein proposed during S.1932 which reduced the increase in H1B visas from 60,000 to 30,000. Imagine if a senator brings in an amendment that strips off all the provisions for legal immigration!
3) If the bill does not have strong support within the Judiciary committee, it could be voted out and it becomes history
4) Assuming that the bill passes through the above steps, it is presented to the full Senate for a debate and vote. Here too any member of the senate can propose an amendment to the bill and the house votes on it. A case in point is the Byrd Amendment which was introduced by Senate Byrd from Virginia which sought to drop sections 8001 and 8002 from the S.1932. This was defeated by the a margin of 84-15 but remember that if it had enough support, S.1932 would have ended here
5) Once the bill passes with the immigration provisions in the Senate, it is presented to a joint conference committee where a few senators and a few congressmen deliberate on which sections to include int he conference bill from among the House bill and the Senate bill. Remember that the house bill has already been passed (HR.4437) and it does not contain any immigration provisions. The House members could again force the senate representatives to drop the immigration provisions. The S.1932 bill's pro-immigration sections got dropped precisely at this juncture
So as can be seen, there are various stumbling blocks towards achieving a favorable bill.
The only way we can ensure that the pro-immigrant provisions do not get ignored or sacrificed is by lobbying. By lobbying we can ensure that the right folks at the right places can understand our concern and empathize with us.
A lobbying firm can ensure that we send a consistent and effective message to the right people. As mentioned earlier, some of the lobbying firms have ex-Congressmen and ex-Senators on their boards. These folks have a great working relationship with the current senators and congressmen. These lobbyists can not only get our issues be heard by the powers, they can possibly influence them by using some political capital
Why can't we just contact the lawmakers directly and tell them about it? Why spend money for lobbyists?
We can definitely try doing this ourselves. This is a free country and nothing stops us from doing so. Unfortunately the effectiveness of such a method is questionable.
During S.1932 proceedings, many members of this forum contacted their local congressmen and senators and asked for appointments. Many also conveyed their views to the staff and many also faxed their views in. Unfortunately the bill passed without the pro-immigration provisions. The message was not conveyed strongly enough and it was conveyed as individuals and not a group.
It was realized that unless we present our case the way Washington, DC is used to seeing it (by hiring lobbyists), the message will not get through.
Lobbyists have direct access to the actual congressmen and senators while the most we can hope is getting a key staff member's attention.
A lobbyist can influence a house member, while we can only hope that the staff members pass our views to the house member.
We do not know which members are really the ones to target and key decision makers and we might end up concentrating on the wrong house members. A lobbyist can help us identify these key members.
All in all, a lobbyist can help us use our energy in the right way and not end up wasting it doing frivolous things and ultimately help us achieve our dreams
And do not forget that some of the anti-immigration groups like numbersusa already have full time lobbyists working for them in DC. If we are to even put up a decent fight against these very dedicated anti-immigrant forces, we need to get help from a professional lobbying firm
As per the definition at Wikipedia, Lobbying is the practice of private advocacy with the goal of influencing a governing body by promoting a point of view that is conducive to an individual's or organization's goals. more information can be found here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lobbying
It is 100% legal and is in fact the preferred way of getting things done by most corporations. Corporations like Microsoft, Dell, Yahoo, Google etc have all used lobbying in the past and in fact I would go as far as saying that every Fortune 1000 firm has used lobbying at one point of time or another. Just search for any company name and the word lobbying on Google and you'll see what we are talking about
What has lobbying got to do with the Immigration Bill?
As we know from part III, Senator Specter will be creating a markup of the Senate Immigration Bill. This may/may not contain the provisions that the immigrant community is looking for.
The differennt bills that are being considered for the markup are McCain Kennedy bill, Cornyn Kyl bill, the Chuck Hagel Bill and a few others
This document by AILA compares the various versions of the bill in different categories http://www.shusterman.com/pdf/immreform106.pdf. This also considers a markup of Senator Specter which is unofficial at the moment. This means that until it gets officially presented to the Judiciary Committee for review, it could change anytime.
This markup already seems to contain the provisions we need, what are we still worried about?
If you have read my post on S.1932, you would know that a bill can be amended at multiple stages.
1) Senator Specter could change his markup, after all he has not come out with an official version. Do not forget that the link above refers to an unofficial version of the markup. As per unconfirmed reports, the Chairman's markup could be out anytime between now and mid-march and a lot of things could change in the mean time
2) Assuming that the markup does contain the provisions that we as immigrants are fighting for, any judiciary committee member can propose an amendment to the bill which could result in a an unwanted change. A case in point is the amendment that Senator Diane Feinstein proposed during S.1932 which reduced the increase in H1B visas from 60,000 to 30,000. Imagine if a senator brings in an amendment that strips off all the provisions for legal immigration!
3) If the bill does not have strong support within the Judiciary committee, it could be voted out and it becomes history
4) Assuming that the bill passes through the above steps, it is presented to the full Senate for a debate and vote. Here too any member of the senate can propose an amendment to the bill and the house votes on it. A case in point is the Byrd Amendment which was introduced by Senate Byrd from Virginia which sought to drop sections 8001 and 8002 from the S.1932. This was defeated by the a margin of 84-15 but remember that if it had enough support, S.1932 would have ended here
5) Once the bill passes with the immigration provisions in the Senate, it is presented to a joint conference committee where a few senators and a few congressmen deliberate on which sections to include int he conference bill from among the House bill and the Senate bill. Remember that the house bill has already been passed (HR.4437) and it does not contain any immigration provisions. The House members could again force the senate representatives to drop the immigration provisions. The S.1932 bill's pro-immigration sections got dropped precisely at this juncture
So as can be seen, there are various stumbling blocks towards achieving a favorable bill.
The only way we can ensure that the pro-immigrant provisions do not get ignored or sacrificed is by lobbying. By lobbying we can ensure that the right folks at the right places can understand our concern and empathize with us.
A lobbying firm can ensure that we send a consistent and effective message to the right people. As mentioned earlier, some of the lobbying firms have ex-Congressmen and ex-Senators on their boards. These folks have a great working relationship with the current senators and congressmen. These lobbyists can not only get our issues be heard by the powers, they can possibly influence them by using some political capital
Why can't we just contact the lawmakers directly and tell them about it? Why spend money for lobbyists?
We can definitely try doing this ourselves. This is a free country and nothing stops us from doing so. Unfortunately the effectiveness of such a method is questionable.
During S.1932 proceedings, many members of this forum contacted their local congressmen and senators and asked for appointments. Many also conveyed their views to the staff and many also faxed their views in. Unfortunately the bill passed without the pro-immigration provisions. The message was not conveyed strongly enough and it was conveyed as individuals and not a group.
It was realized that unless we present our case the way Washington, DC is used to seeing it (by hiring lobbyists), the message will not get through.
Lobbyists have direct access to the actual congressmen and senators while the most we can hope is getting a key staff member's attention.
A lobbyist can influence a house member, while we can only hope that the staff members pass our views to the house member.
We do not know which members are really the ones to target and key decision makers and we might end up concentrating on the wrong house members. A lobbyist can help us identify these key members.
All in all, a lobbyist can help us use our energy in the right way and not end up wasting it doing frivolous things and ultimately help us achieve our dreams
And do not forget that some of the anti-immigration groups like numbersusa already have full time lobbyists working for them in DC. If we are to even put up a decent fight against these very dedicated anti-immigrant forces, we need to get help from a professional lobbying firm
more...
waitin_toolong
07-30 01:36 PM
My attorney says that I-485 should be filed at the same location where I-140 was filed (when I-485 & I-140 were not filed concurrently) Is this correct?
Yes
Yes

LC2002
04-13 01:26 PM
Hello IV Freinds,
I checked my mail last Saturday, got Cards and welcome approval notices in mail. Status at USCIS website still shows all cases pending. I had called my Senators office for follow up week before as processing dates also had also passed.
I appreciate IV for providing this website for sharing our immigration issues and concerns in this long journey.
Good luck to all IV members who are still awaiting for good day to come.
Thanks,
I checked my mail last Saturday, got Cards and welcome approval notices in mail. Status at USCIS website still shows all cases pending. I had called my Senators office for follow up week before as processing dates also had also passed.
I appreciate IV for providing this website for sharing our immigration issues and concerns in this long journey.
Good luck to all IV members who are still awaiting for good day to come.
Thanks,
more...
itsmesabby
06-28 09:39 PM
Thank you so much Elaine for your quick response..
So am I correct to assume that there is no need to renew the I-94 if one enters using the AP.. I am myself also planning to use my AP for re-entry later this year, but have the H1-B approval valid till 2011, so was a little confused as to if I would be needed to renew my new I-94 if it is issued for 1 year based on AP..
So am I correct to assume that there is no need to renew the I-94 if one enters using the AP.. I am myself also planning to use my AP for re-entry later this year, but have the H1-B approval valid till 2011, so was a little confused as to if I would be needed to renew my new I-94 if it is issued for 1 year based on AP..
2010 prom hairstyles half up half
overseas
08-23 07:14 PM
Hi Andhrawala,
I'm not at all surprised if USCIS call center people give conflicting information. When I called they asked me to file in Texas but gave me wrong P.O. Box number and wrong zip code.
In the EAD/AP filing instructions form in the USCIS website, it is clearly mentioned that we have to file EAD/AP as per the state we live in and not as per where our I-485 is present.
As my lawyer also told the same thing, I went ahead and sent my application to Texas service center. (I wasted 2 weeks in this dilemma though!) I'm kind of hoping that if I get a query or something later, I can say that I followed instructions at USCIS website.
I would say get in touch with your companies lawyer one time. Also call USCIS service center one more time and see what they will say this time. :-)
I'm not at all surprised if USCIS call center people give conflicting information. When I called they asked me to file in Texas but gave me wrong P.O. Box number and wrong zip code.
In the EAD/AP filing instructions form in the USCIS website, it is clearly mentioned that we have to file EAD/AP as per the state we live in and not as per where our I-485 is present.
As my lawyer also told the same thing, I went ahead and sent my application to Texas service center. (I wasted 2 weeks in this dilemma though!) I'm kind of hoping that if I get a query or something later, I can say that I followed instructions at USCIS website.
I would say get in touch with your companies lawyer one time. Also call USCIS service center one more time and see what they will say this time. :-)
more...
teachamerica07
08-01 06:04 PM
Will it work if the parole stamp on I 94 has expired ?
Should the stamp be kept valid by travelling out of the country and reentering on AP every year ?
Thanks for your input .
Should the stamp be kept valid by travelling out of the country and reentering on AP every year ?
Thanks for your input .
hair prom hairstyles down for short
crazyghoda
01-15 11:19 AM
No one cares how you exit. A lesser known fact is that most Mexicans who are here illegally catch a regular commercial flight when they visit their homes in Mexico.
Thanks a lot for your timely reply. I want to know does it matter how we exited US, I mean did anyone see your advance parole while leaving US.
Regards,
Ravi
Thanks a lot for your timely reply. I want to know does it matter how we exited US, I mean did anyone see your advance parole while leaving US.
Regards,
Ravi
more...
tikka
05-25 10:22 AM
Please send the Web Fax.
It takes only a minute.
Thank you
It takes only a minute.
Thank you
hot half up half down hairstyles.

mita
11-14 03:15 PM
I applied online for EAD on 10/23, no finger priting notice yet was asked to wait 30 days to enquire about it. All materials sent to NSC as mentioned, my I-485 is pending at TSC. Did anyone go through the same delay?
that is how ineffecient they are, best thing you can do is, site that your h1 will expire and u dont have plans of h1 renewal and u planning to use EAD, i dont know what else could be more extreme than not having an EAD when you want to use it :)
that is how ineffecient they are, best thing you can do is, site that your h1 will expire and u dont have plans of h1 renewal and u planning to use EAD, i dont know what else could be more extreme than not having an EAD when you want to use it :)
more...
house prom hairstyles half up dos.
karanp25
07-13 08:01 PM
ski_dude12, u r just inviting trouble for urself by not keeping uscis in the loop. I assume u lost ur night's sleep looking for the valid source of my earlier comment? keep looking.
I will continue shooting "off my hips" .... i think i may have missed it this time...
Are you sure about that? Can you give your source that says
"You have to inform them of every small move even after citizenship is approved".
If you can support your post by citing a valid source then its fine, otherwise stop shooting off your hips please.
I will continue shooting "off my hips" .... i think i may have missed it this time...
Are you sure about that? Can you give your source that says
"You have to inform them of every small move even after citizenship is approved".
If you can support your post by citing a valid source then its fine, otherwise stop shooting off your hips please.
tattoo 2011 prom hairstyles half up
kumsoft
07-02 03:04 PM
Dear Follow member,
Our inability to apply for I-485 due to unethical behavior of USCIS is not covered by any major news channel. I searched in google and looked up all major news web site, non has this news. When all these news channels can cover illegal immigrations, why cant they have some space for legal immigration. We are legal immigrants, shouldnt be afraid of anything. We pay a lot of taxes and we dont diserve this 3rd rated treatment. So go call every major news channel in your local area and request them to cover this news. I called Fox10, ABS15 & AZ Republic in Phoenix area. Spread this news and create awareness and we should be able to get justice.
Our inability to apply for I-485 due to unethical behavior of USCIS is not covered by any major news channel. I searched in google and looked up all major news web site, non has this news. When all these news channels can cover illegal immigrations, why cant they have some space for legal immigration. We are legal immigrants, shouldnt be afraid of anything. We pay a lot of taxes and we dont diserve this 3rd rated treatment. So go call every major news channel in your local area and request them to cover this news. I called Fox10, ABS15 & AZ Republic in Phoenix area. Spread this news and create awareness and we should be able to get justice.
more...
pictures 2011 prom hairstyles half up half down. prom hairstyles half up curly.
ThackeG67
08-08 07:56 PM
Definitely illegal..that must be taken into legal action.
dresses prom hairstyles half up half
phillyag
01-23 12:38 PM
We should see how PERM came into being. Who helped PERM become a reality.
If we can leran from the past and use that to puch for the future improvements in immigration policies for both for the country as well the immigrants
If we can leran from the past and use that to puch for the future improvements in immigration policies for both for the country as well the immigrants
more...
makeup prom hairstyles half up curly.
java4yogi
09-03 04:12 PM
We have the 797 approval with us now. I'll try to checkout if we can apply for the SSN.
Thanks a lot guys for responding so quickly.
Thanks a lot guys for responding so quickly.
girlfriend prom hairstyles half up half
malibuguy007
10-01 10:48 PM
Just thought I would share this with you guys. In the US a total of $306 billion were contributed to charity last year and here we are having trouble raising money for our own good - donations that would have a direct impact!!
http://www.aafrc.org/press_releases/releases/20080622.html
http://www.aafrc.org/press_releases/releases/20080622.html
hairstyles prom hairstyles half up half
like_watching_paint_dry
09-12 11:10 AM
Not anymore...
EB2 India followed by EB3 India. If we take this "sampling" of information with a mild grain of salt, then it still does tally up with the distribution of the retrogressed dates. EB2 IN is U, EB3 IN is mid April. EB3 RoW is further along down the line.. not many illegals coming under RoW.
Manny, in your next poll you might want to atleast get the 2002 & before, 2003, 2004 2005, 2006+ PD distribution of EB2 India and 01Apr2001-30Apr2001, rest of EB3 India. I think once those 245(i) illegal buttplugs are out of the way, EB3 IN should move at a good pace. But that may not happen until 2012-2014.
EB2 India followed by EB3 India. If we take this "sampling" of information with a mild grain of salt, then it still does tally up with the distribution of the retrogressed dates. EB2 IN is U, EB3 IN is mid April. EB3 RoW is further along down the line.. not many illegals coming under RoW.
Manny, in your next poll you might want to atleast get the 2002 & before, 2003, 2004 2005, 2006+ PD distribution of EB2 India and 01Apr2001-30Apr2001, rest of EB3 India. I think once those 245(i) illegal buttplugs are out of the way, EB3 IN should move at a good pace. But that may not happen until 2012-2014.
vikaschowdhry
06-03 07:02 AM
Regarding Visa Camp, Chicago consulate's website says:
Applications from only US Passport holders will be accepted at the Visa Camps. No other consular service except visa will be provided at the Visa Camps.
Of course, if they have incomplete information on their website - this might be untrue and they might allow renewal of passports as well.
In any case, it seems to me that the expiration date on the passport should not be a huge concern for getting the H1B approved.
Applications from only US Passport holders will be accepted at the Visa Camps. No other consular service except visa will be provided at the Visa Camps.
Of course, if they have incomplete information on their website - this might be untrue and they might allow renewal of passports as well.
In any case, it seems to me that the expiration date on the passport should not be a huge concern for getting the H1B approved.
gcpadmavyuh
07-27 12:28 AM
What was the date of I485 approval? And when did the wife's 485 reach USCIS?
My friend has a unique situation. Please help out with your advise.
He had earlier applied for 485 in 2005(before October retrogression) and didnt get a chance to add his wife until the July bulletin(as he got married only after filing 485 and his PD was not current until the July 17th). His wife's application is now filed with the NSC center on 7/19th(didnt recieve the receipt notice yet) as a add-on and as a dependent for his original 485 application(he submitted I-134 affidavit of support along with his wife's application).
Today he got an email update from USCIS confirming that his 485 is approved. Since he doesnt know his wife's 485 status yet, he is not even sure if his wife's application is receipted or acknowledged as a dependent to his application. From Fedex, he can confirm that it reached the Nebraska CIS office on July 19th.
Considering his wife's application did go to the NSC center(7/19) before his 485 is approved(9/26), does this mean his wife is in-status or out-of-status(wife is on H-4 dependent visa). Their were not prepared for this news so soon and hence would appreciate any alternatives they can pursue.
My friend has a unique situation. Please help out with your advise.
He had earlier applied for 485 in 2005(before October retrogression) and didnt get a chance to add his wife until the July bulletin(as he got married only after filing 485 and his PD was not current until the July 17th). His wife's application is now filed with the NSC center on 7/19th(didnt recieve the receipt notice yet) as a add-on and as a dependent for his original 485 application(he submitted I-134 affidavit of support along with his wife's application).
Today he got an email update from USCIS confirming that his 485 is approved. Since he doesnt know his wife's 485 status yet, he is not even sure if his wife's application is receipted or acknowledged as a dependent to his application. From Fedex, he can confirm that it reached the Nebraska CIS office on July 19th.
Considering his wife's application did go to the NSC center(7/19) before his 485 is approved(9/26), does this mean his wife is in-status or out-of-status(wife is on H-4 dependent visa). Their were not prepared for this news so soon and hence would appreciate any alternatives they can pursue.