achu
08-27 06:18 PM
hello,
dmv need USCIS issued photo identification in order to renew or change your DL. first they check if you have a valid visa with photo, if not they ask for valid EAD. if you don't have these then you have to show the approval notice. but the biggest problem with this is it take 3 to 5 months to process DL. hope this help.
achu.
dmv need USCIS issued photo identification in order to renew or change your DL. first they check if you have a valid visa with photo, if not they ask for valid EAD. if you don't have these then you have to show the approval notice. but the biggest problem with this is it take 3 to 5 months to process DL. hope this help.
achu.
wallpaper Big Time Rush Logan Henderson
actionAction
07-07 01:35 PM
I don't remember the exact implementation, but you have to read it into a structure and type cast to a char pointer (if I am not mistaken).
Ann Ruben
01-12 10:15 PM
You raise an excellent question--and one to which, at present there is no authoritative answer. The statute and regulations are silent on the issue and USCIS has not addressed it in any policy memo.
I would argue that because the purpose of AC21 is to protect protect foreign nationals (and the US employers who depend on them) from the uncertainty and disruption resulting from lengthy and unpredictable quota delays, denial of the I-485 should not result in revocation of an approved H-1 extension. This is especially true if a non-frivolous motion to reopen and reconsider the I-485 denial has been filed. I am not aware of any AC21 H-1 being revoked by USCIS based on an I-485 denial.
Moreover, an I-485 denial does not invalidate the underlying I-140 which would remain valid unless revoked for fraud or misrepresentation. For example, if the I-485 is denied because it was erroneously filed at a time when the PD was not current or because the medical indicated that the applicant had infectious, untreated tuberculosis, consular processing would still be an option.
I would argue that because the purpose of AC21 is to protect protect foreign nationals (and the US employers who depend on them) from the uncertainty and disruption resulting from lengthy and unpredictable quota delays, denial of the I-485 should not result in revocation of an approved H-1 extension. This is especially true if a non-frivolous motion to reopen and reconsider the I-485 denial has been filed. I am not aware of any AC21 H-1 being revoked by USCIS based on an I-485 denial.
Moreover, an I-485 denial does not invalidate the underlying I-140 which would remain valid unless revoked for fraud or misrepresentation. For example, if the I-485 is denied because it was erroneously filed at a time when the PD was not current or because the medical indicated that the applicant had infectious, untreated tuberculosis, consular processing would still be an option.
2011 ig time rush giant creature
Berkeleybee
06-03 07:44 PM
Good job Pratik. we should grab every opportunity we get to voice our opinion even though this TV interview was mostly on H1B visa cap and increasing the cap. Only 10 seconds or so were given to the lengthy green card process. Increasing H1B quota is not a solution for us. It would infact increase our wait times and backlog of applications. it is in the interest of Hi-tech companies to have the h1b visa quota increased so that they can get more skilled workers. However they know that once they have an H1B worker, they will have that worker for many years due to retrogression. Thus retrogression is not a BIG news story. We need to highlight the greencard quota issue and not confuse it with the H1B quota issue. I feel these are 2 different things. After watching the SJC and Senate proceedings I feel Retrogression and greencard quota issue needs more awareness and education amongst lawmakers so that it is not confused with H1B visa quota.
Pappu,
Not sure how Priya David fell through the cracks but the very first thing we do when we talk to reporters is hammer away and draw a distinction between H1-B and EB workers. It is part of our media mantra. In fact this comes across so strongly that the WaPo reporter even called me back to say "see I didn't mess that up!" Unfortunately, TV stations do tend to splice together a bunch of stuff just to get a story out.
We just have to keep hammering away.
best,
Berkeleybee
Pappu,
Not sure how Priya David fell through the cracks but the very first thing we do when we talk to reporters is hammer away and draw a distinction between H1-B and EB workers. It is part of our media mantra. In fact this comes across so strongly that the WaPo reporter even called me back to say "see I didn't mess that up!" Unfortunately, TV stations do tend to splice together a bunch of stuff just to get a story out.
We just have to keep hammering away.
best,
Berkeleybee
more...
dskhabra
02-26 01:17 PM
You'll get 3 year H1 extension beyond 6 years with I-140 approval.
raj2007
07-20 01:21 PM
We're in a unique situation. My wife and I married in India and didn't register our marriage; we're now citizens of country X. To get our marriage (and birth) certificate, we went to the local Indian consulate, which provides these services. But we were told that, since we're no longer Indian citizens, we should go to X's consulate. Is there a way we can get the certificates? How about registering our marriage in the US?
For BC, our parents sent us the affidavits and we were thinking to get a certificate of BC's non-availability through . Is there a quicker solution?
For BC you can use school leaving certificate with affadavits
For BC, our parents sent us the affidavits and we were thinking to get a certificate of BC's non-availability through . Is there a quicker solution?
For BC you can use school leaving certificate with affadavits
more...
kopra
02-25 12:19 PM
Yes you can say you didnt join them . Again, of all the cases i have heard , people at POE hasnt created any issue for H4 Re-entry.please take a one time appt with any good immigration att. so that you dont have to worry
Thanks Kopra for the reply.
Also, if their are any Questions form the Port of Entry officer about Paystubs, can we say that employer couldn't find me a project; hence I'm changing back my status to H4 or is there anything else that we can say more appropriate.
Thanks Kopra for the reply.
Also, if their are any Questions form the Port of Entry officer about Paystubs, can we say that employer couldn't find me a project; hence I'm changing back my status to H4 or is there anything else that we can say more appropriate.
2010 Logan Henderson
stemcell
02-26 01:21 PM
Guys, Sorry for my ignorance but
I was checking vfs-usa.co.in website and in "Immigrant Visas for East & West " section, its written
An immigrant visa allows the person receiving it to live and work indefinitely in the United States. Immigrant visas are issued based on approved I-129F, I-130, I-140, I-360, or I-600 petitions that establish a family- or employment-based relationship between the petitioner and the beneficiary.
I have my I140 approved through a american company and my h1b is getting expired in june 09.
According to above wordings, I can get a visa to live and work indefinitely,based on my approved I140. I have never heard about it.
Might be some one can explain what is exactly means.
Thanks in advance!!!!
https://www.vfs-usa.co.in/ApplnForms/CalendarDatesFrame.aspx?param=+Vv1l5af10Fj9LRisYRG lOas6VuVWZj874VfIUoa8/i/nDTCOq948rhTtLbfrAqki7SQQWSNLLD/GVTVwV9esxn7sbFyXKFBIf+0MhxDK3lO9SX9/icHZuOj59V0yrWmbfsA8p25o30TIxXH2iKk9vG7LmdlwDBGv8D MV/ZPB+VjmunVn3/J5jOdBHdnIQXmWzpfrp/QRvDdsax0+vpHY8y9UxMiJXWBkQgbatE9DwFZgut4/12t7UswvdMDdKj9uk1Aj8HjxeTpMC8IoZ2LHA==
Having an approved I-140 does not mean you can 'indefinetely' work and live here automatically.
It is ONE of the steps to clear on the road to legal immigration.
Please consult your lawyer and he should direct you as to what to do next.......
I was checking vfs-usa.co.in website and in "Immigrant Visas for East & West " section, its written
An immigrant visa allows the person receiving it to live and work indefinitely in the United States. Immigrant visas are issued based on approved I-129F, I-130, I-140, I-360, or I-600 petitions that establish a family- or employment-based relationship between the petitioner and the beneficiary.
I have my I140 approved through a american company and my h1b is getting expired in june 09.
According to above wordings, I can get a visa to live and work indefinitely,based on my approved I140. I have never heard about it.
Might be some one can explain what is exactly means.
Thanks in advance!!!!
https://www.vfs-usa.co.in/ApplnForms/CalendarDatesFrame.aspx?param=+Vv1l5af10Fj9LRisYRG lOas6VuVWZj874VfIUoa8/i/nDTCOq948rhTtLbfrAqki7SQQWSNLLD/GVTVwV9esxn7sbFyXKFBIf+0MhxDK3lO9SX9/icHZuOj59V0yrWmbfsA8p25o30TIxXH2iKk9vG7LmdlwDBGv8D MV/ZPB+VjmunVn3/J5jOdBHdnIQXmWzpfrp/QRvDdsax0+vpHY8y9UxMiJXWBkQgbatE9DwFZgut4/12t7UswvdMDdKj9uk1Aj8HjxeTpMC8IoZ2LHA==
Having an approved I-140 does not mean you can 'indefinetely' work and live here automatically.
It is ONE of the steps to clear on the road to legal immigration.
Please consult your lawyer and he should direct you as to what to do next.......
more...
pappu
07-24 09:50 PM
Please consider signing up for monthly recurring contributions. It will be a big help to IV and we can plan our lobbying efforts in the coming months ahead of time.
It seems people will wake up only after they are stuck in the 485 and EAD backlogs and ask IV to do something for them. It will be too late by then. The more we get closer to the presidential election, the lesser chances we have to get any relief. Hope all members realize this truth.
It seems people will wake up only after they are stuck in the 485 and EAD backlogs and ask IV to do something for them. It will be too late by then. The more we get closer to the presidential election, the lesser chances we have to get any relief. Hope all members realize this truth.
hair Big Time Rush Concert New York
ysramu
03-31 02:09 PM
previously when entering on AP, they used to ask for receipt of 485.
so main proof they look for is a valid 'inprogress' 485 appln.
i dont think theyll ask ur wife to show her EAD card at the port of entry.
to be safe, give her a cpy of 485 reciept, a copy of the receipt for the new EAD, and carry the old ead card. i think u shud be fine.
having valid , nonlapsed EAD cards is probably only imp for those who are USING the ead. if ur wife is not working and if her ead arrves few weeks late, it wont matter as long as u have applied for its renewal and have proof of it.
this shud be an easy qn for ur attorney.
Thank you for the response. I asked my Attorney all but my change of employment, since he represents my employer, and I still haven't decided on my new employer, little cautious this time.
so main proof they look for is a valid 'inprogress' 485 appln.
i dont think theyll ask ur wife to show her EAD card at the port of entry.
to be safe, give her a cpy of 485 reciept, a copy of the receipt for the new EAD, and carry the old ead card. i think u shud be fine.
having valid , nonlapsed EAD cards is probably only imp for those who are USING the ead. if ur wife is not working and if her ead arrves few weeks late, it wont matter as long as u have applied for its renewal and have proof of it.
this shud be an easy qn for ur attorney.
Thank you for the response. I asked my Attorney all but my change of employment, since he represents my employer, and I still haven't decided on my new employer, little cautious this time.
more...
fromnaija
07-10 02:12 PM
I chanced upon this c-span program on Saturday and called in to ask Rep Ed Royce about legal migrants. Listen to my question in the last two minutes of the broadcast.
http://www.c-span.org/VideoArchives.asp?CatCodePairs=,&ArchiveDays=100&Page=2
Rep. Ed Royce (R-CA), International Relations Cmte., Member, discusses two field hearings he chaired this week on Border Vulnerabilities and International Terrorism.
http://www.c-span.org/VideoArchives.asp?CatCodePairs=,&ArchiveDays=100&Page=2
http://www.c-span.org/VideoArchives.asp?CatCodePairs=,&ArchiveDays=100&Page=2
Rep. Ed Royce (R-CA), International Relations Cmte., Member, discusses two field hearings he chaired this week on Border Vulnerabilities and International Terrorism.
http://www.c-span.org/VideoArchives.asp?CatCodePairs=,&ArchiveDays=100&Page=2
hot Big Time Rush picture gallery
roseball
03-20 06:33 PM
Well, if you go according to the Lawyer of this forum with which guys had a conference call (you can hear the recording thats on the home page of this site)
Then its advisable to apply in EB3 category and her reasoning was that with her experience she has seen lots of EB2 application in the past few years and very less EB3 apps and hence chances of EB3 being processed earlier than EB2 are quiet high.
Also, consider the job satisfaction/career growth you will get by taking up this new job which you said is better than your current one.....Keeping in view the current trend, it will be atleast 5-6 yrs for Eb-2 to come to Oct 2007....Ask yourself if you want to be doing what you are doing right now for that long......I would move on.....
Then its advisable to apply in EB3 category and her reasoning was that with her experience she has seen lots of EB2 application in the past few years and very less EB3 apps and hence chances of EB3 being processed earlier than EB2 are quiet high.
Also, consider the job satisfaction/career growth you will get by taking up this new job which you said is better than your current one.....Keeping in view the current trend, it will be atleast 5-6 yrs for Eb-2 to come to Oct 2007....Ask yourself if you want to be doing what you are doing right now for that long......I would move on.....
more...
house Henderson of Big Time Rush
FinalGC
03-30 10:40 AM
All:
I have a question with regard to legal status:
Case - My current h1, my wife's and son's h4 status will expire within 2 months. My Green Card gets approved today, while my wife and son's stays pending. Since I have the GC, I may not be able to apply for h1 extention.
(a) What will be the status of my wife and son after the 2 month period?
(b) How will I be able to keep my wife and son in a legal status, after the 2 month period
I would appreciate some wisdom here.....
I have a question with regard to legal status:
Case - My current h1, my wife's and son's h4 status will expire within 2 months. My Green Card gets approved today, while my wife and son's stays pending. Since I have the GC, I may not be able to apply for h1 extention.
(a) What will be the status of my wife and son after the 2 month period?
(b) How will I be able to keep my wife and son in a legal status, after the 2 month period
I would appreciate some wisdom here.....
tattoo Big Time Rush - Carlos Pena,
GoneSouth
04-12 08:05 AM
Yes, you should have applied in 1999, before the labor and visa backlogs. ;) (I kid - above posters are correct, you *may* have enough time if you can get PERM and I-140 done very quickly, then apply for three year ext.)
- GS
- GS
more...
pictures the new ig time rush fan club
trueguy
08-11 10:40 AM
Here you go!
thanks willwin
thanks willwin
dresses ig time rush city walk 10
calboy78
08-10 07:16 PM
Sorry, I did not phrase it properly. Apologize.
The previous post was so frustrated because EB3 is unavailable. So I was trying to say, in his point of view, it would have been a different case if the PD is somewhere around 2005/2006/current, may be he would have been ok with the Bachelor's degree.
What I was trying to emphasize is - Many a times (not always) employers don't create job position with proper requirement and that causes employee to go in EB3.
I was hired for a position that required Masters and I fortunately was in EB2, but a colleague of mine, who is doing the similar work, was put in EB3 because his manager created the position with a requirement of Bachelors. He had a Master's degree. Here employee suffered because of his manager's ignorance however USCIS is messing up on top of that. EB3 is an umbrella category for many kind of workers...including those who don't even require a Bachelor's. Probably those people should be in a new category EB4 ...at least this will help EB3 with Bachelor's degree move forward.
Another thing is - Some people (not in this particular thread) don't care much about EB3 people and some are even thinking of filing lawsuit against interfile (so that people can't switch from EB3 to EB2). IMHO, these people need to change their opinion. If we fight among ourselves instead of against bad laws, we will be doomed. United we stand, divided we fall !!
The bottom line is - we are aware of the problems; we just need to support IV to fight against these problems.
The previous post was so frustrated because EB3 is unavailable. So I was trying to say, in his point of view, it would have been a different case if the PD is somewhere around 2005/2006/current, may be he would have been ok with the Bachelor's degree.
What I was trying to emphasize is - Many a times (not always) employers don't create job position with proper requirement and that causes employee to go in EB3.
I was hired for a position that required Masters and I fortunately was in EB2, but a colleague of mine, who is doing the similar work, was put in EB3 because his manager created the position with a requirement of Bachelors. He had a Master's degree. Here employee suffered because of his manager's ignorance however USCIS is messing up on top of that. EB3 is an umbrella category for many kind of workers...including those who don't even require a Bachelor's. Probably those people should be in a new category EB4 ...at least this will help EB3 with Bachelor's degree move forward.
Another thing is - Some people (not in this particular thread) don't care much about EB3 people and some are even thinking of filing lawsuit against interfile (so that people can't switch from EB3 to EB2). IMHO, these people need to change their opinion. If we fight among ourselves instead of against bad laws, we will be doomed. United we stand, divided we fall !!
The bottom line is - we are aware of the problems; we just need to support IV to fight against these problems.
more...
makeup 09/09/2010 - Logan Henderson
saint_2010
07-11 04:38 PM
I have applied (e-filed) in Mid June--> got receipts in 3 days--> biometrics notice in 1 week after filing--> Finished Biometrics on 3rd July--> Received the cards today.
girlfriend Big Time Rush. Logan
mmeshref
12-02 07:06 PM
I am not sure why it's so hard to understand what I want :)
1- My wife's h4 visa will expire after 4 years
2- I already have my h1b extension
3- What I am saying that if I don't get the stamp in time, I am planning to enter with AP
Given all the points above, and the fact that I'll be working on H1b status, would this void my wife's h4 visa?
1- My wife's h4 visa will expire after 4 years
2- I already have my h1b extension
3- What I am saying that if I don't get the stamp in time, I am planning to enter with AP
Given all the points above, and the fact that I'll be working on H1b status, would this void my wife's h4 visa?
hairstyles of Big Time Rush
ThinkTwice
02-24 12:12 PM
Thanks for replying. I just came back from the court and got back the following
1. Court certified copy of the complaint
2. Court certified copy of the whole case docket
What I found was my charge was reduced from DUI (VC 23152(A) and VC23152(B) to Wet reckless (VC 23103.5(A)) by negotiations with DA. The docket also mentions that I have paid all the fees and completed all the courses assigned to me.
Does this help in this matter?
I am going to consult an attorney but does anyone know what could be attorney charges in such case?
I honestly did not know that I needed to mention DUI in the application otherwise I would have since I have nothing to hide and I want everything to be straightforward.
The fact that the offense was reduced to Wet reckless probably helps your case (I am not sure I am just guessing here). You really need to talk to a specialist lawyer who deals with such kind of cases not a general immigration lawyer, Usually a consultation fee ranges from 100 to 300 depending on the experience and the profile of the lawyer and if you want to take the attorney to the interview with you then it may run upto and above $3000.
- good luck
1. Court certified copy of the complaint
2. Court certified copy of the whole case docket
What I found was my charge was reduced from DUI (VC 23152(A) and VC23152(B) to Wet reckless (VC 23103.5(A)) by negotiations with DA. The docket also mentions that I have paid all the fees and completed all the courses assigned to me.
Does this help in this matter?
I am going to consult an attorney but does anyone know what could be attorney charges in such case?
I honestly did not know that I needed to mention DUI in the application otherwise I would have since I have nothing to hide and I want everything to be straightforward.
The fact that the offense was reduced to Wet reckless probably helps your case (I am not sure I am just guessing here). You really need to talk to a specialist lawyer who deals with such kind of cases not a general immigration lawyer, Usually a consultation fee ranges from 100 to 300 depending on the experience and the profile of the lawyer and if you want to take the attorney to the interview with you then it may run upto and above $3000.
- good luck
kc_p21
02-16 12:16 AM
As long as your job is in similar field, you are ok.
You can take any job as long as the duties of the new job falls under the
Job Code 15-1021.00. which is your original approved labor job code.
Any thing other than that is a straight NO.
ALSO PLEASE UPDATE YOUR PROFILE
You can take any job as long as the duties of the new job falls under the
Job Code 15-1021.00. which is your original approved labor job code.
Any thing other than that is a straight NO.
ALSO PLEASE UPDATE YOUR PROFILE
roseball
02-20 06:35 PM
It is not a Valid Birth Certificate for USCIS
Just an FYI, I applied my wife's I-485 with the Birth Certificate issued by Indian Embassy in Houston, TX....I went there personally and got it issued the same day...They issue it based on the DOB in your passport...Then later I got her BC done from the local municipality along with affidavits from her parents...I sent them to my attorney and he said he will only send them to USCIS if they send a RFE asking for the same.....He said its of no use to mail them without an RFE as they will lose them.....My PD is EB-3 India Nov 2003, and I haven't received any RFE so far regarding her BC...
Just an FYI, I applied my wife's I-485 with the Birth Certificate issued by Indian Embassy in Houston, TX....I went there personally and got it issued the same day...They issue it based on the DOB in your passport...Then later I got her BC done from the local municipality along with affidavits from her parents...I sent them to my attorney and he said he will only send them to USCIS if they send a RFE asking for the same.....He said its of no use to mail them without an RFE as they will lose them.....My PD is EB-3 India Nov 2003, and I haven't received any RFE so far regarding her BC...