dilbert_cal
02-09 11:08 AM
If you have a choice of LOA, you should go ahead and take it.
RFE is not a must - if you do get a RFE, it need not be necessarily for paystubs. You should take LOA, start your job search and try to get a similar position asap and if you do get RFE, you will have a choice of going with AC21 or not depending on your RFE.
Dont think that you will get your GC in a month or so - this process is very unpredictable and the more you be prepared for it, the better it is.
Best of luck and hope you get your GC soon.
RFE is not a must - if you do get a RFE, it need not be necessarily for paystubs. You should take LOA, start your job search and try to get a similar position asap and if you do get RFE, you will have a choice of going with AC21 or not depending on your RFE.
Dont think that you will get your GC in a month or so - this process is very unpredictable and the more you be prepared for it, the better it is.
Best of luck and hope you get your GC soon.
wallpaper Natalie Portman
gk_2000
05-15 11:13 PM
startup visa is the most horrible of all the ideas..... this subject is like a hidden enemy of all immigrants waiting in the backlog ..... is anything like this would pass..... the congress will tell everyone that entrepreneurship related immigration issues are all fixed.... it will be hailed as the biggest victory of american capitalism & congress will forget @ those stuck in the backlogs..... the reality will be that is just another way for those 170 venture capitalist to rake more....
some reporters write these articles with no knowledge of the subject.... & with little or no research of their own....
Why do you think it is SO horrible? Suppose this comes up for debate, we have an opportunity to revise the 170 VC's clause or maybe water it down some extent. If we are not able to do that, even then sometime in the future we could work those screws and try to loosen. At least it gives a segment of our community a chance to clear the line.. just my thinking .
some reporters write these articles with no knowledge of the subject.... & with little or no research of their own....
Why do you think it is SO horrible? Suppose this comes up for debate, we have an opportunity to revise the 170 VC's clause or maybe water it down some extent. If we are not able to do that, even then sometime in the future we could work those screws and try to loosen. At least it gives a segment of our community a chance to clear the line.. just my thinking .
gk_2000
05-15 09:57 PM
Most probably this is just an eye candy for us, to be eaten and excreted. But, I hope I am dead wrong!
2011 Natalie Portman looks to bring
rangeela
10-17 01:04 PM
Hi All,
I have got fingerprint notice and appointment is after 3 weeks in Charlotte NC. I will not be available on that day and do not want to postpone the appointment.
I would like to prepone the appointment and I tried to find Charlotte USCIS local phone number but could not find anywhere. The only number is general 800 number and that was of no use.
Does anyone have any experience with Charlotte office? Can I just go there and will they do fingerprint any day before actual appointment? Charlotte is around 4 hours drive. It will be painful to drive there and find that they don't do fingerprint before appointment day. What day is normally good if I want to take the chance? Have anyone actually called them and prepone the appointment? What is the local office phone number?
These are two many questions. But all are related. Sorry for being so long and thanks in advance for your response...
rangeela....
I have got fingerprint notice and appointment is after 3 weeks in Charlotte NC. I will not be available on that day and do not want to postpone the appointment.
I would like to prepone the appointment and I tried to find Charlotte USCIS local phone number but could not find anywhere. The only number is general 800 number and that was of no use.
Does anyone have any experience with Charlotte office? Can I just go there and will they do fingerprint any day before actual appointment? Charlotte is around 4 hours drive. It will be painful to drive there and find that they don't do fingerprint before appointment day. What day is normally good if I want to take the chance? Have anyone actually called them and prepone the appointment? What is the local office phone number?
These are two many questions. But all are related. Sorry for being so long and thanks in advance for your response...
rangeela....
more...
desi3933
06-12 04:51 PM
.......
In your situation, I would probably apply for the EAD but ask a new employer to also file for H-1B status for you (assuming you have H-1B time left)
.....
The person should be eligible for H-1B (even if 6 years are complete) as he/she has I-140 pending or approved. If I-140 is pending, then H-1B can be filed for 1 year extension, if I-140 is approved then H-1B extension can be upto 3 years.
My 2 cents.
In your situation, I would probably apply for the EAD but ask a new employer to also file for H-1B status for you (assuming you have H-1B time left)
.....
The person should be eligible for H-1B (even if 6 years are complete) as he/she has I-140 pending or approved. If I-140 is pending, then H-1B can be filed for 1 year extension, if I-140 is approved then H-1B extension can be upto 3 years.
My 2 cents.
j751
10-24 01:41 PM
BTW what does Murthy charge?
more...
nomi
04-19 04:37 PM
My PD is now current and i will be filing in May !
My attorney sent me package with all papers to sign and is requesting a letter of approval of my visa of 2001 which I do not have. I only have the approved Visa on the passport (Not the letter):confused. Does anyone know if this could be a problem? Why would they need the letter if we have the original approved Visa on the passport?
Thanks in advance and good luck to all who are still waiting.
:confused:
this will be approval notice of your H1-B or H1-B extension. Ask your lawyer again what letter he is talking about.
My attorney sent me package with all papers to sign and is requesting a letter of approval of my visa of 2001 which I do not have. I only have the approved Visa on the passport (Not the letter):confused. Does anyone know if this could be a problem? Why would they need the letter if we have the original approved Visa on the passport?
Thanks in advance and good luck to all who are still waiting.
:confused:
this will be approval notice of your H1-B or H1-B extension. Ask your lawyer again what letter he is talking about.
2010 The actress plays a Jewish
gc_kaavaali
11-22 09:12 AM
you can use either H1 or AP to enter US. Buf if you want to bring your wife u should be on H1 so that she can come on H4...beware that when AP is pending do not leave US otherwise it is consider as abondon of your AP...
more...
optimist578
01-02 11:11 AM
What is the reason specified by applicants who have their Labor approved but I-140 pending, to extend their H-1 visa beyond the 6-yr limit ?
hair Natalie Portman
pappu
11-30 01:34 PM
eb3India, thanks for joining the chapter thread. Unfortunately others have not signed up yet. I will be in Indianapolis next weekend and if we have some more chapter members and you all want to organize a small meeting , I can join you.
more...
zerosine
06-25 02:59 PM
Thank you all for your responses.
Thanks glus, I'll try filing the I 102 - hopefully they had computerized records back in the dark ages when I arrived. Also I'm hoping there's a record somewhere of the visa extension filed by my lawyer - do you think the same form might dig that up?
Shatunup, what's a CIR? I'm intrigued....
I have spoken to an attorney and the overstay is not really the issue - because I'm legitimately married (we have a two year old!) and if we can prove it's not a green card marriage I believe I just have to pay a fine.... however they do require proof of legal entry, which I don't have. You can adjust your status in the US if you are married to a US citizen - in fact I have to because if I leave the country I'm subject to the 10 year ban and they won't let me back in married or not.
I have a new passport but without the visa and entry stamp it doesn't really help!
Thanks again - by the way I'm a she :o
Thanks glus, I'll try filing the I 102 - hopefully they had computerized records back in the dark ages when I arrived. Also I'm hoping there's a record somewhere of the visa extension filed by my lawyer - do you think the same form might dig that up?
Shatunup, what's a CIR? I'm intrigued....
I have spoken to an attorney and the overstay is not really the issue - because I'm legitimately married (we have a two year old!) and if we can prove it's not a green card marriage I believe I just have to pay a fine.... however they do require proof of legal entry, which I don't have. You can adjust your status in the US if you are married to a US citizen - in fact I have to because if I leave the country I'm subject to the 10 year ban and they won't let me back in married or not.
I have a new passport but without the visa and entry stamp it doesn't really help!
Thanks again - by the way I'm a she :o
hot Natalie Portman doesn#39;t like
eyeopeners05@yahoo.com
05-01 10:07 AM
Thanks guys for all your responses....
I got the paperwork from my attorney for my wife's 485 as they want us to be ready so that if dates are current, we just mail the paperwork without having to start at that time.
However, my wife is pregnant and i am not sure if medical examinations are possible. What are my options ?
I got the paperwork from my attorney for my wife's 485 as they want us to be ready so that if dates are current, we just mail the paperwork without having to start at that time.
However, my wife is pregnant and i am not sure if medical examinations are possible. What are my options ?
more...
house Natalie Portman no longer
pd_recapturing
02-29 03:16 PM
Oh my God. This is too much. I cant believe it that these desi blood suckers employers can go to that level. This is height of explotation that person even does not know that when exactly his labor and I140 got applied.
tattoo (Natalie Portman was born in
anilsal
12-18 05:27 PM
I always call them and tell them that I am not. Based on my car records, they send the jury notice each time.
I do not think there is a need to send a copy of passport.
I do not think there is a need to send a copy of passport.
more...
pictures Natalie sounds… weird.
garybanz
01-11 11:07 AM
Hi
This is my first post so please bear with me. I have been silent in these forums for some time now. My intention in this post is not to offer any advice etc but its only intended of what I am feeling after the Feb visa bulletin and whether there are other people sharing the same feeling. I have been in this process since 2001. Got screwed by company once (after about two years) and had to change company so started all over again. Luckily new company was good. Though they dont pay for any GC expense lawyer was good and got PD 2004. Last year after seeing VBs had hopes of getting out of this soon. But now Feb VB bulletin has provideed really depressing news. At this stage its very depressing. I am thinking my "living the american dream" will be a dream only. With upcoming elections who knows what will happen. IV seems to be the only hope now.
Dispatched letters today to IV California and President.
Jack
Jack,
Join your local state chapter and get more involved with IV activities. Also there was a post few days back requesting for 10 compelling stories, why don't you give yours?
Thanks,
Gary
This is my first post so please bear with me. I have been silent in these forums for some time now. My intention in this post is not to offer any advice etc but its only intended of what I am feeling after the Feb visa bulletin and whether there are other people sharing the same feeling. I have been in this process since 2001. Got screwed by company once (after about two years) and had to change company so started all over again. Luckily new company was good. Though they dont pay for any GC expense lawyer was good and got PD 2004. Last year after seeing VBs had hopes of getting out of this soon. But now Feb VB bulletin has provideed really depressing news. At this stage its very depressing. I am thinking my "living the american dream" will be a dream only. With upcoming elections who knows what will happen. IV seems to be the only hope now.
Dispatched letters today to IV California and President.
Jack
Jack,
Join your local state chapter and get more involved with IV activities. Also there was a post few days back requesting for 10 compelling stories, why don't you give yours?
Thanks,
Gary
dresses Natalie Portman has admitted

rmutyala
07-13 01:10 AM
What do you think is this big news coming out in 24 hours or on Monday?
I want to select more than one option :)
I want to select more than one option :)
more...
makeup Natalie admits that she
glus
04-17 07:54 AM
This is Off-Topic, sorry about that, but this is the best forum i could think of to ask this:
My father-in-law is visiting us from India, and he is thinking of driving a car here. He drives in India and I think in a couple of weeks (with maybe 2-3 classes with some instructor) he should get the hang of driving. Are there any risks that anyone knows of with this? (if he makes a mistake and ends up in an accident I understand that we end up being personally liable and can even be sued if there is an injured party).
Edit: This is in California
In general a person with a valid visa can drive in the U.S. provided the person is in possession of a valid drivers license. However, if he is not on your insurance policy added as a driver and causes an accident, your insurance company is not liable and can refuse to pay the costs. If he is to drive your car, ask your insurance agent about this.
My father-in-law is visiting us from India, and he is thinking of driving a car here. He drives in India and I think in a couple of weeks (with maybe 2-3 classes with some instructor) he should get the hang of driving. Are there any risks that anyone knows of with this? (if he makes a mistake and ends up in an accident I understand that we end up being personally liable and can even be sued if there is an injured party).
Edit: This is in California
In general a person with a valid visa can drive in the U.S. provided the person is in possession of a valid drivers license. However, if he is not on your insurance policy added as a driver and causes an accident, your insurance company is not liable and can refuse to pay the costs. If he is to drive your car, ask your insurance agent about this.
girlfriend direct Natalie Portman and
akilaakka
03-09 11:15 AM
Stuck no longer in the muck,
i AM eb -2 India and NIW and was wondering what Catergory of EB-1 you got upragded to.
I will PM you with my contact info.
Thanks
Ramkrishnan
i AM eb -2 India and NIW and was wondering what Catergory of EB-1 you got upragded to.
I will PM you with my contact info.
Thanks
Ramkrishnan
hairstyles Natalie Portman refuses to buy
guy03062
07-17 12:42 AM
kudos to ImmigrationVoice's core team and its members, especially flower campaign and San Jose rally. Apart from Congresswoman Lofgren, IV is the one who really added immense pressure on Govt by their root level activites.
randlesl
November 23rd, 2004, 10:22 PM
Thanks everyone... setting the ISO higher helped my problem.