laksmi
07-19 05:03 PM
Is it possible to verify PIMS name check clearance before we attend the consulate in india.
wallpaper facebook icons however it
psaxena
06-25 01:31 PM
^^^
belmontboy
04-25 07:11 PM
check the website: http://murthy.com/news/n_noh1bp.html
F-1 OPT with H1B Pending Now Wants 17-Month OPT Extension
�MurthyDotCom
Yet another variation that occurs involves F-1 students who have job offers. The prospective employer of an F-1 student normally has filed an H1B petition requesting a change of status for that F-1 student. The parties now want to take advantage of the April 2008 option announced by the USCIS to utilize the possible 17-month OPT extension provision. The employer needs to withdraw the H1B petition in order for the student to continue in F-1 status. Once the status is changed from F-1 to H1B, the individual would no longer be able to extend the OPT period, even if the H1B petition is approved for the future start date of employment. However, before withdrawing the potentially very valuable H1B petition, it is best to discuss the advantages and disadvantages with a qualified immigration attorney.
In your case you never started your H1 status. So you should be eligible for applying an OPT extension, which should give you ample time for next lottery.
I am no lawyer, you should check with a good immigration attorney about this.
F-1 OPT with H1B Pending Now Wants 17-Month OPT Extension
�MurthyDotCom
Yet another variation that occurs involves F-1 students who have job offers. The prospective employer of an F-1 student normally has filed an H1B petition requesting a change of status for that F-1 student. The parties now want to take advantage of the April 2008 option announced by the USCIS to utilize the possible 17-month OPT extension provision. The employer needs to withdraw the H1B petition in order for the student to continue in F-1 status. Once the status is changed from F-1 to H1B, the individual would no longer be able to extend the OPT period, even if the H1B petition is approved for the future start date of employment. However, before withdrawing the potentially very valuable H1B petition, it is best to discuss the advantages and disadvantages with a qualified immigration attorney.
In your case you never started your H1 status. So you should be eligible for applying an OPT extension, which should give you ample time for next lottery.
I am no lawyer, you should check with a good immigration attorney about this.
2011 icon small headphone 10pcs
softcrowd
03-11 10:31 AM
PD Transfer can even be done @ i-485 stage too, but that's not as straight a process as porting it at the I-140 stage. But technically, it can be done at I-485 too.
more...
chumki
12-17 03:53 PM
Please help
gc_chahiye
09-20 04:07 PM
I'm from Bangladesh and EB3. As you know the I485 was current in July and i applied along with my EAD and AP. but this month in visa bulletin i found that the date went back to 2002.
My question is: are they going to consider my application current or i stuck in the backlog. my understanding is that the visa bulletin reflects the availibility to send the application....they received my application on July 2nd, 2007.
someone please clarify the matter please.......thanks ahead
your application will be accepted and processed (since you applied when your date was current), but it cant be approved until you are current again. So you can keep getting/renewing EADs/APs, security and background checks will happen etc, but no final approval until EB3-ROW becomes current for your PD.
My question is: are they going to consider my application current or i stuck in the backlog. my understanding is that the visa bulletin reflects the availibility to send the application....they received my application on July 2nd, 2007.
someone please clarify the matter please.......thanks ahead
your application will be accepted and processed (since you applied when your date was current), but it cant be approved until you are current again. So you can keep getting/renewing EADs/APs, security and background checks will happen etc, but no final approval until EB3-ROW becomes current for your PD.
more...
kartikiran
11-11 11:56 AM
Almond, even i used to think "so close and yet so far". but now have understood, i was never close to begin with...:(
it is better to accept the reality than trying to live with fool's gold like i did for about 2-3 years...
So close and yet so far...so damn far.
it is better to accept the reality than trying to live with fool's gold like i did for about 2-3 years...
So close and yet so far...so damn far.
2010 on our Facebook page:
pankaj_singal
08-21 09:14 AM
Very well said!
"By the time we finally get our GCs', the drive, focus and amibition - all of it will be gone..."
Pathetic - Back in India (and the Indian Consulates here in the US) - they play with our paper-work - right from when I remember - it's been one story after another...it's really frustrating.
By the time we finally get our GCs', the drive, focus and amibition - all of it will be gone...
"By the time we finally get our GCs', the drive, focus and amibition - all of it will be gone..."
Pathetic - Back in India (and the Indian Consulates here in the US) - they play with our paper-work - right from when I remember - it's been one story after another...it's really frustrating.
By the time we finally get our GCs', the drive, focus and amibition - all of it will be gone...
more...
srinivas_o
08-25 09:46 AM
Bump
hair this Ui icons small x rrq
subarashi_indo
11-30 12:26 PM
I checked on the website, and it has a note - " Important Note: In certain cases of an old passports issued by an office other than the Consulate General of New York, a passport is issued for one year. In such cases, applicants have to apply for extension of the passport any time after 45 days. A passport is also issued for one year in cases of expiry of valid U.S. residence visa. In such cases, applicants have to apply for extension of validity as soon as valid U.S. Residence visa is approved. "
Here's the link that I was referring to...
RENEWAL OF PASSPORT OR NEW PASSPORT - www.indiacgny.org (http://indiacgny.org/php/showContent.php?linkid=225&partid=223&sub=sub3)
What I meant to ask was, I cannot apply for a renewal until I get my new I797, right ? And, once I get it, and plan to travel, I'll go for a new visa stamp and I just want to make sure that I get it for the duration applicable and not until the expiration of the passport, and also that if i get my passport renewed here, I get it for another 10 or so years and not one.
Also, could you please tell me how long does it usually take to get the passport renewed ? I'm in NY area.
Thank you.
Here's the link that I was referring to...
RENEWAL OF PASSPORT OR NEW PASSPORT - www.indiacgny.org (http://indiacgny.org/php/showContent.php?linkid=225&partid=223&sub=sub3)
What I meant to ask was, I cannot apply for a renewal until I get my new I797, right ? And, once I get it, and plan to travel, I'll go for a new visa stamp and I just want to make sure that I get it for the duration applicable and not until the expiration of the passport, and also that if i get my passport renewed here, I get it for another 10 or so years and not one.
Also, could you please tell me how long does it usually take to get the passport renewed ? I'm in NY area.
Thank you.
more...
suren
10-07 02:35 PM
Thanks for you reply.
My only conern is about I-94. When ever we renew the h1b we get new I-94 but in this instance my I94 got expired do i need to get new I94? if yes how can I get?
My only conern is about I-94. When ever we renew the h1b we get new I-94 but in this instance my I94 got expired do i need to get new I94? if yes how can I get?
hot small rss feed icon small
kondur_007
09-22 05:13 PM
hi,
Thank you all for your reply.
I have no intension of leaving the company, the mgmt is asking me to take the pay cut at this time and they will pay me back after 1 year. so i don't see any issues like they are not willing to pay or anything. I was just trying to get an idea whether this might effect on the green card or not? like, you should get the salary mentioned on file atleast for next 6 month.
Thank you again for all replies.
You will be just fine. Neither you nor your company will have any problem.
Take it easy and relax.
Good Luck.
Thank you all for your reply.
I have no intension of leaving the company, the mgmt is asking me to take the pay cut at this time and they will pay me back after 1 year. so i don't see any issues like they are not willing to pay or anything. I was just trying to get an idea whether this might effect on the green card or not? like, you should get the salary mentioned on file atleast for next 6 month.
Thank you again for all replies.
You will be just fine. Neither you nor your company will have any problem.
Take it easy and relax.
Good Luck.
more...
house small login icon facebook
hariswaminathan
11-20 04:06 PM
1) No.
2) Other then an Emergency you can't expedite.
3) If you are currently on H1, then she can enter on H4.
4) Same answer as above. You can enter on AP, and if you continue to maintain H1 status, then she can enter on H4.
1) You CAN use the AP that is approved while you are out. However someone needs to courier the document to you before you can enter with it. I am doing the same thing with my Law Firm. You do not need the AP in hand to leave the US.
2) Other then an Emergency you can't expedite.
3) If you are currently on H1, then she can enter on H4.
4) Same answer as above. You can enter on AP, and if you continue to maintain H1 status, then she can enter on H4.
1) You CAN use the AP that is approved while you are out. However someone needs to courier the document to you before you can enter with it. I am doing the same thing with my Law Firm. You do not need the AP in hand to leave the US.
tattoo you will see a small icon

roseball
03-07 10:34 AM
you can re-enter with previous visa stamp with company A's annotation as long as it is still valid..however, you need to have the latest I-797 approval notice from your current employer and show it to the immigration officer at the poe...
more...
pictures Join us on Facebook!
ramus
05-31 03:53 PM
Lets contribrite if we want to get something done..
dresses facebook logo small png.
solaris27
02-29 08:32 AM
its common RFF for 140.
Just ask your company to provide all required docs .
Just ask your company to provide all required docs .
more...
makeup Background,facebook icon
ndny
08-06 03:10 PM
No
girlfriend logo icon Vector-facebook-
chanduv23
01-09 05:20 PM
Try asking an Attorney and see if your wife can invalidate her h4 status by traveling and re-entering through AP at POE?
A quick trip to Canada can solve this problem?
This is not an advice, as I am not sure if this would work, but talk to a lawyer or as some suggested try another DMV.
A quick trip to Canada can solve this problem?
This is not an advice, as I am not sure if this would work, but talk to a lawyer or as some suggested try another DMV.
hairstyles icons facebook application
z029556
08-14 03:06 PM
Hi Sydeajmal,
How long did it take for your EAD to get approved once you have submitted your RFE
Regards
Vijay
How long did it take for your EAD to get approved once you have submitted your RFE
Regards
Vijay
ajaz
04-11 02:07 PM
entered in h4 , after job switched to EAD. What is the Current immigration Status to file EAD reneval..
bluekayal
10-21 10:02 PM
^^^bump ^^^^bump