pp2007
11-15 11:14 AM
which city in TN?
wallpaper feral fenris smilie
andy garcia
07-18 04:21 PM
Anyone got a working link for this? I had at one point, but now I can't seem to find.
CIS AFM (http://www.uscis.gov/propub/ProPubVAP.jsp?dockey=724ce55f1a60168e48ce159d28615 0e2)
CIS AFM (http://www.uscis.gov/propub/ProPubVAP.jsp?dockey=724ce55f1a60168e48ce159d28615 0e2)
Pasquale
01-14 09:50 AM
That's neat glos :D
2011 BTW, why does Fenris have
ujjvalkoul
07-19 12:23 PM
read up about EAD and AC-21 RUle - Google it.
more...
quizzer
11-21 12:34 PM
Raj,
SR can be opened by company HR or lawyer if the service center processing time exceeds your receipt date by more than 30 days.
As sunny said, when NSC moves their processing time to more than 21st Jan 2007 ( I assume ur RD is 21st DEC and EB3)...your lawyer can call the normal 1800...number and raise a SR.
it's a simple process and lawyer should be knowing how to handle this.
I see people getting decisions within 30-45 days after SR.
Mine came in about 27 days.
let me know if you have any questions.
Thanks
SR can be opened by company HR or lawyer if the service center processing time exceeds your receipt date by more than 30 days.
As sunny said, when NSC moves their processing time to more than 21st Jan 2007 ( I assume ur RD is 21st DEC and EB3)...your lawyer can call the normal 1800...number and raise a SR.
it's a simple process and lawyer should be knowing how to handle this.
I see people getting decisions within 30-45 days after SR.
Mine came in about 27 days.
let me know if you have any questions.
Thanks
go_guy123
09-09 09:38 AM
Words in CIR are supporting high skilled. At the same time Schumer mentioned that they will not allow companies to replace Americans with lower wage foreign workers. You can easily get the meaning of it. First CIR need to be introduced. And it needs to seen What CIR will offer for high skilled immigrants. Many lobbying groups waiting with laundry list of demands for them. Basically every group wants unlimited guest workers and green cards. Someone in congress has to take leadeship initiatives without politics and without any bias. Then only CIR is feasible
If you see the political realities, Obama has lost a lot of political capital on health care.
Plus something I mentioned before: Schumer is a senator. CIR faces main opposition
in the Congress and not Senate.
You are right that many interest groups are lobbying for themselves. That is where EBs are at a disadvantage.
Just check www.ilw.com. Everyday there are articles wailing the plight of illegals but not a peep about
skilled immigrants.
If you see the political realities, Obama has lost a lot of political capital on health care.
Plus something I mentioned before: Schumer is a senator. CIR faces main opposition
in the Congress and not Senate.
You are right that many interest groups are lobbying for themselves. That is where EBs are at a disadvantage.
Just check www.ilw.com. Everyday there are articles wailing the plight of illegals but not a peep about
skilled immigrants.
more...
MrWaitingGC
12-13 12:51 PM
All that matters for the french is your stamping, if your passport stamping is valid(even if you are not on that visa anymore), you dont need. If your stamping expired, you need a transit visa, and you need to go in person for the french transit visa, which is not needed for german and british transit visa.
Recently my parents went back to India via Fankfurt in Lufthansa.
There they asked is your visa expired if so you should have transit visa.
Since my parents had valid visa it was ok.
Recently my parents went back to India via Fankfurt in Lufthansa.
There they asked is your visa expired if so you should have transit visa.
Since my parents had valid visa it was ok.
2010 The Dragon Age II demo.
Kodi
08-22 01:59 PM
I actually went over something similar with my lawyer. I'm currently on H4 and just yesterday received my EAD valid for 2 years. My husband is renewing his H1 next month. And initially I was hoping I wouldn't have to renew my H4 again and save the $$. But my lawyer says I should renew my H4 so that incase something goes wrong with my I-485 I won't go out of status as I have the H4 eventhough I'll be working on EAD. And he said if I travel I should not use the AP to re-enter. So it means my H4 will not get canceled even if I work on EAD.
more...
LostInGCProcess
03-01 10:12 AM
I work in Health Insurance domain so if you need help in understanding the technical terms, may be I can help.
Kaiser Permanente mght be a good option if you are buying at individual level. I am not sure if they provide services in TN but if they do, then I would go for it. It is a HMO plan but KP hospitals provide reasonably good services at reasonable price in California.
Thanks for all your response. Kaiser does not provide in TN. when I get into trouble understanding the technical terms, i'll PM you.
Kaiser Permanente mght be a good option if you are buying at individual level. I am not sure if they provide services in TN but if they do, then I would go for it. It is a HMO plan but KP hospitals provide reasonably good services at reasonable price in California.
Thanks for all your response. Kaiser does not provide in TN. when I get into trouble understanding the technical terms, i'll PM you.
hair Featured on:Fenris
cooldudesfo
09-10 11:57 PM
Hi,
Our applications (myself and my wife) reached USCIS NSC on July 2nd. On 09/08/2007, we both received EAD's and today (09/10/2007), we received Notice from CSC that our cases are being transferred to NSC as our cases fall under NSC's jurisdiction. My I-140 was approved by NSC in Feb 2007.
Also, our cases were received on July 2nd @ NSC and the RD on Transfer Notice I received today have RD of 08/28/2007.
Anybody in same situation...I am confused here....don't know how cases are being transfered from Center to Center and why RD is not July 2nd.
Comments ???
Cooldude
Our applications (myself and my wife) reached USCIS NSC on July 2nd. On 09/08/2007, we both received EAD's and today (09/10/2007), we received Notice from CSC that our cases are being transferred to NSC as our cases fall under NSC's jurisdiction. My I-140 was approved by NSC in Feb 2007.
Also, our cases were received on July 2nd @ NSC and the RD on Transfer Notice I received today have RD of 08/28/2007.
Anybody in same situation...I am confused here....don't know how cases are being transfered from Center to Center and why RD is not July 2nd.
Comments ???
Cooldude
more...
pappu
01-09 11:56 AM
Come on fellas, I need your input.
Could you update your profile please. Your profile says you are from Afghanistan and other details are missing.
The delays you pointed out are actually being discussed by IV core at this time (part of our 2009 plan if members want to) and we are thinking of making a case for it. In order to do that we will need statistics on our site to prove how many people (our members) are affected. We can use that % dataset to determine the similarity with overall similar cases. We can also use the statistics to make a case for all cases that are current for a long time and still waiting. We will need community's help if you all want to use the stats and graphs for our presentation on this advocacy effort. This effort will be successful if we get help from all members EB1, EB2 ROW and others in all categories that are current for I485 or are outside their application processing times for their other immigration applications. This may become one of our 2009 push and we can work on it.
Writing letters is good. But they need to be backed by a campaign and IV name needs to be behind it to make it a national campaign. Not sure how much individual letters may help as we have learnt from past experiences.
Good you posted this thread. Let us have a discussion what EB1, EB2ROW and others that are current want? And also what people whose I140 etc is stuck and are outside processing time want? Are they willing to support such campaign? Can these people get all such folks together on this platform to run this campaign?
Could you update your profile please. Your profile says you are from Afghanistan and other details are missing.
The delays you pointed out are actually being discussed by IV core at this time (part of our 2009 plan if members want to) and we are thinking of making a case for it. In order to do that we will need statistics on our site to prove how many people (our members) are affected. We can use that % dataset to determine the similarity with overall similar cases. We can also use the statistics to make a case for all cases that are current for a long time and still waiting. We will need community's help if you all want to use the stats and graphs for our presentation on this advocacy effort. This effort will be successful if we get help from all members EB1, EB2 ROW and others in all categories that are current for I485 or are outside their application processing times for their other immigration applications. This may become one of our 2009 push and we can work on it.
Writing letters is good. But they need to be backed by a campaign and IV name needs to be behind it to make it a national campaign. Not sure how much individual letters may help as we have learnt from past experiences.
Good you posted this thread. Let us have a discussion what EB1, EB2ROW and others that are current want? And also what people whose I140 etc is stuck and are outside processing time want? Are they willing to support such campaign? Can these people get all such folks together on this platform to run this campaign?
hot (Dragon Age II - Dragon Age II
smsthss
11-15 01:13 PM
I am working as a full time emp and not as a consultant. So i think i dont have to worry about client letters.
So according to you, i am eligible for another 3 year extension based on approved I-140 irrespective of whether my I-485 has been filed or not?
What i have been reading in some forum is that, if you have an approved I-140 and if your I-485 has not been filed due to retrogression, then you are eligible for 3 year extension. If you have an approved I-140 and if you have already filed your I-485, then you are eligible only for 1 year extension.
If anyone has been in such a situation, if you know please let me know which one is correct.. or please forward me to any article.
smsthss:
1. You are eligible to get 3 H1B year extension based on an approved I-140. However it is up to the Immigration officer to grant you the appropriate term. The appropriate term will depend on the employer paperwork that can suggest that there is atleast 3 years worth of work available for you to do.
2. Two of my friends got their H1B extensions on the basis of approved 140 (after their 6th year). One of them provided the client letter proving that there is a lot of work for another 3 years but got an extension for 1.5 years only. My other friend submitted client work order showing work for 6 months but that guy got an H1B extension for 3 years.
Your best bet is to provide all the paperwork and request extension for 3 years and leave it up to the IO to make the decision. (Certain things are beyond our control, but the things that are must be handled well)
So according to you, i am eligible for another 3 year extension based on approved I-140 irrespective of whether my I-485 has been filed or not?
What i have been reading in some forum is that, if you have an approved I-140 and if your I-485 has not been filed due to retrogression, then you are eligible for 3 year extension. If you have an approved I-140 and if you have already filed your I-485, then you are eligible only for 1 year extension.
If anyone has been in such a situation, if you know please let me know which one is correct.. or please forward me to any article.
smsthss:
1. You are eligible to get 3 H1B year extension based on an approved I-140. However it is up to the Immigration officer to grant you the appropriate term. The appropriate term will depend on the employer paperwork that can suggest that there is atleast 3 years worth of work available for you to do.
2. Two of my friends got their H1B extensions on the basis of approved 140 (after their 6th year). One of them provided the client letter proving that there is a lot of work for another 3 years but got an extension for 1.5 years only. My other friend submitted client work order showing work for 6 months but that guy got an H1B extension for 3 years.
Your best bet is to provide all the paperwork and request extension for 3 years and leave it up to the IO to make the decision. (Certain things are beyond our control, but the things that are must be handled well)
more...
house (the joke being that Fenris#39;s
ujjvalkoul
01-30 06:02 PM
How does this effect anyone applying for DL..
http://a257.g.akamaitech.net/7/257/2422/01jan20081800/edocket.access.gpo.gov/2008/08-140.htm
Are we going to get temporary DLs from now on?
Can someone confirm? I know IV is following up with MI state Attorney Generals office, but from reading the ruling the validity of the license is not clear.
Here is a response to a comments by DHS..Looks like for most of us whose i94 will be expired but have filed an application like 485 whic is pending..hence the lawful end date of stay is indeterminate - the license will be 1 year only...bummer
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Comment: Numerous States expressed concern that the current
processing time involved in USCIS review of applications for various
immigration statuses impacted by REAL ID will result in a large number
of applicants who wish to renew their licenses but their applications
to extend their status has not been acted on by USCIS within the year.
Two States suggested that States issue interim documents that would be
valid for very short periods until an applicant receives his or her
permanent document demonstrating lawful status. Another commenter
suggested that such an interim card be based on the applicant's visa
until authorization is received and verified through SAVE, which should
be programmed to contact the querying State when there is an updated
applicant status. One commenter recommended that the rule allow States
to use a license expiration date 90 days beyond the expiration date of
the immigration document to allow for USCIS processing of applications
to extend lawful status. Commenters said that individuals in certain
statuses will not be able to comply with the requirement to present
documentation showing extended lawful status upon renewal because in
most cases, their statuses will not have been extended but merely
continued.
Response: Again, State DMVs will use the SAVE system, and not
particular documentation, to determine that the license applicant is in
lawful status. An application that is properly filed with USCIS
entitles the person to remain in lawful status beyond the period listed
on the person's Form I-94 or other immigration document, that
information is reflected in the SAVE system. Thus, aliens in these
situations would be able to obtain REAL ID-compliant licenses and
States would not have to add any additional processes with USCIS.
http://a257.g.akamaitech.net/7/257/2422/01jan20081800/edocket.access.gpo.gov/2008/08-140.htm
Are we going to get temporary DLs from now on?
Can someone confirm? I know IV is following up with MI state Attorney Generals office, but from reading the ruling the validity of the license is not clear.
Here is a response to a comments by DHS..Looks like for most of us whose i94 will be expired but have filed an application like 485 whic is pending..hence the lawful end date of stay is indeterminate - the license will be 1 year only...bummer
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Comment: Numerous States expressed concern that the current
processing time involved in USCIS review of applications for various
immigration statuses impacted by REAL ID will result in a large number
of applicants who wish to renew their licenses but their applications
to extend their status has not been acted on by USCIS within the year.
Two States suggested that States issue interim documents that would be
valid for very short periods until an applicant receives his or her
permanent document demonstrating lawful status. Another commenter
suggested that such an interim card be based on the applicant's visa
until authorization is received and verified through SAVE, which should
be programmed to contact the querying State when there is an updated
applicant status. One commenter recommended that the rule allow States
to use a license expiration date 90 days beyond the expiration date of
the immigration document to allow for USCIS processing of applications
to extend lawful status. Commenters said that individuals in certain
statuses will not be able to comply with the requirement to present
documentation showing extended lawful status upon renewal because in
most cases, their statuses will not have been extended but merely
continued.
Response: Again, State DMVs will use the SAVE system, and not
particular documentation, to determine that the license applicant is in
lawful status. An application that is properly filed with USCIS
entitles the person to remain in lawful status beyond the period listed
on the person's Form I-94 or other immigration document, that
information is reflected in the SAVE system. Thus, aliens in these
situations would be able to obtain REAL ID-compliant licenses and
States would not have to add any additional processes with USCIS.
tattoo Dragon Age 2 - Elf Keeper
bubbynv
07-17 06:20 PM
And Good luck to one and all!!! :)
more...
pictures guide Dragon+age+2+fenris+
for_gc
12-16 11:36 AM
Hi,
Does anyone know where we can get hold of the data for EB green cards dispersed for year 2006 by category ?
Regards.
Does anyone know where we can get hold of the data for EB green cards dispersed for year 2006 by category ?
Regards.
dresses Fenris DID say he liked the
a_yaja
03-07 03:34 PM
My current H1 stamp is for company A.
Based on what you wrote, would you advise me to get the stamp of company C if I have plans to change to C eventually? I know that when I will be reentering USA, I will be on the payroll for company C.
Yes, you should get H1B stamp with Company C's annotation. Roseball's comments seems to suggest that it is not necessary to get a new visa as long as you H1B has not expired. However, that is not what I was told by my attorney when I changed employer and had to visit India. Also, during my interview in Chennai, the officer told me "I see that your application is for change of employer". I just said yes. I think it is best that you get in touch with an attorney and seek attorney's opinion. They are the experts and will have the correct information.
Based on what you wrote, would you advise me to get the stamp of company C if I have plans to change to C eventually? I know that when I will be reentering USA, I will be on the payroll for company C.
Yes, you should get H1B stamp with Company C's annotation. Roseball's comments seems to suggest that it is not necessary to get a new visa as long as you H1B has not expired. However, that is not what I was told by my attorney when I changed employer and had to visit India. Also, during my interview in Chennai, the officer told me "I see that your application is for change of employer". I just said yes. I think it is best that you get in touch with an attorney and seek attorney's opinion. They are the experts and will have the correct information.
more...
makeup Fenris vid
uslegals
11-11 10:32 AM
thanks chakdepatte !...where do u mail all the docs...?? I read somewhere about a lock box and NOT directly to service center.?
girlfriend (Dragon Age II - Dragon Age II
lj_rr
11-11 03:47 PM
Need advise from someone who renewed Indian passport by mail at the San Francisco Indian Consulate.
My wife filled the application online and is ready to mail it, but there are questions regarding the supporting docs.
1)Proof of Residence:CGISF website shows applicable docs as Driving license or PG&E, Water or landline telephone bill displaying applicant�s address or
House Lease Agreement.
However in my wife's case, her name is not on any of the utility bills mentioned above and her Driving license has the old address.
Can we use the HUD-1 closing statement or home title as proof. Or can we use a insurance bill for this purpose? If not, please advise on other options.
2)Notarizing:I understand photo copies of any docs that I sent needs to be notarized.
Is there anything else that needs to be notarized?Your website says that "If applying by mail, Photocopy of all supporting documents including Photo should be notarized and attached to the application".
Do I need to notarize both the photos from page 1 and page 4? Please clarify.
My wife filled the application online and is ready to mail it, but there are questions regarding the supporting docs.
1)Proof of Residence:CGISF website shows applicable docs as Driving license or PG&E, Water or landline telephone bill displaying applicant�s address or
House Lease Agreement.
However in my wife's case, her name is not on any of the utility bills mentioned above and her Driving license has the old address.
Can we use the HUD-1 closing statement or home title as proof. Or can we use a insurance bill for this purpose? If not, please advise on other options.
2)Notarizing:I understand photo copies of any docs that I sent needs to be notarized.
Is there anything else that needs to be notarized?Your website says that "If applying by mail, Photocopy of all supporting documents including Photo should be notarized and attached to the application".
Do I need to notarize both the photos from page 1 and page 4? Please clarify.
hairstyles Dragon Age 2
desi3933
06-25 07:24 AM
Got this from the Chennai US consulate website.
I apologise if this info is old - i had never heard of the US consulate issueing "B1 in lieu of H1" visa.
B-1 in Lieu of H
Any person holding a B1 or B1/B2 visa may be eligible to perform H-1B work in the United States as long as they fulfill the following criteria:
Hold the equivalent of a U.S. bachelor’s degree
Plan to perform H-1B-caliber work or training
Will be paid only by their foreign employer, except reimbursement of incidental travel costs such as housing and per diem. The employee must not receive any salary from a U.S. source.
The task can be accomplished in a short period of time.
These travelers would be admitted as B1 visitors, and may only stay in the U.S. for the time allotted by the Department of Homeland Security upon entry.
Like any other B1/B2 applicant, travelers must still show strong professional, familial and financial or other ties, which indicate a strong inducement to return to the country of origin or another country other than the United States.
Consulate General Chennai is prepared to issue B1/B2 visas to qualified applicants for this purpose. These visas may also be used for tourism. Current holders of B1/B2 visas may already use this provision without seeking another visa.
When seeking a visa for this purpose, please clearly explain this in the applicant’s BEP cover letter.
If the applicant and employer so chooses, they may also apply for a more limited B1 visa with the annotation “B-1 in lieu of H.” These visas may not be used for pleasure travel.
The Customs and Border Patrol agents at Ports of Entry are aware of this provision. If asked at the border, applicants are advised to explain completely their purpose of travel and that they will not be paid from sources based in the United States. Travelers are encouraged to carry a letter from their host company and Indian employer listing the traveler’s duties, length of stay and remuneration plans.
>> When seeking a visa for this purpose, please clearly explain this in the applicant’s BEP cover letter.
This is the key here. One must declare that he/she will perform H1 like work at time of seeking short term B1 visa.
Not a legal advice.
----------------------------------
Green Card holder since May 2002
I apologise if this info is old - i had never heard of the US consulate issueing "B1 in lieu of H1" visa.
B-1 in Lieu of H
Any person holding a B1 or B1/B2 visa may be eligible to perform H-1B work in the United States as long as they fulfill the following criteria:
Hold the equivalent of a U.S. bachelor’s degree
Plan to perform H-1B-caliber work or training
Will be paid only by their foreign employer, except reimbursement of incidental travel costs such as housing and per diem. The employee must not receive any salary from a U.S. source.
The task can be accomplished in a short period of time.
These travelers would be admitted as B1 visitors, and may only stay in the U.S. for the time allotted by the Department of Homeland Security upon entry.
Like any other B1/B2 applicant, travelers must still show strong professional, familial and financial or other ties, which indicate a strong inducement to return to the country of origin or another country other than the United States.
Consulate General Chennai is prepared to issue B1/B2 visas to qualified applicants for this purpose. These visas may also be used for tourism. Current holders of B1/B2 visas may already use this provision without seeking another visa.
When seeking a visa for this purpose, please clearly explain this in the applicant’s BEP cover letter.
If the applicant and employer so chooses, they may also apply for a more limited B1 visa with the annotation “B-1 in lieu of H.” These visas may not be used for pleasure travel.
The Customs and Border Patrol agents at Ports of Entry are aware of this provision. If asked at the border, applicants are advised to explain completely their purpose of travel and that they will not be paid from sources based in the United States. Travelers are encouraged to carry a letter from their host company and Indian employer listing the traveler’s duties, length of stay and remuneration plans.
>> When seeking a visa for this purpose, please clearly explain this in the applicant’s BEP cover letter.
This is the key here. One must declare that he/she will perform H1 like work at time of seeking short term B1 visa.
Not a legal advice.
----------------------------------
Green Card holder since May 2002
royjonny
06-19 01:16 PM
Well the lawyer representing the new company believes that without a copy of 140
1. that, they cannot do a H1B transfer.
2. that, I cannot do EAD extension when it expires in October 2008.
1. that, they cannot do a H1B transfer.
2. that, I cannot do EAD extension when it expires in October 2008.
abhaykul
09-10 09:02 AM
Gr8 job ! Shilpa and Aman and all core members ...Keep it up